3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: carbon express heritage vs gold tip trad  (Read 1865 times)

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: carbon express heritage vs gold tip trad
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by Apex Predator:
CX Heritage is the best shaft I've used.
Yep, or the discontinued black CE terminator select.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I shoot CX 150s very good range on setting up my bows.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
I have shot both a lot and have inserts pull out of both equally. If you stick a arrow in a deer targets leg which is plastic the there's a good chance the insert will pull out no matter what you use. Ive scuffed, cleaned, prepared most every way I can think of, used two part epoxy, hot melts, JB weld and nothing will hold the inserts in when I stick the arrow into solid objects, like plastic or wood. So with that said don't shoot the arrow into real hard material and a good prepared arrow/insert will hold up. As far as what I like better, the Heritage arrows are tougher but the Gold tips tune easier for (me). Others may have had different experiences but for me I use gold tip and I foot the ends with aluminum arrow shafts and that's what I do.
Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
I lke CX Heritage,the key for installing inserts in any carbon is to properly prep the inside and insert.I haven't had any problems with nserts coming out with proper prep and two part 24 hr epoxy.And I can get them back out if I need to.

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
I use fine sandpaper then wipe with alcohol and weight inserts.Makes a larger glueing surface and works like footing from the inside of shaft.Flechtite heat glue.GT blems
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I shot both for a long time. CX all the way. They are much tougher with tighter tolerances than the GTs.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by slivrslingr:
Are you cleaning the inside of the shaft and the outside of the insert with rubbing alcohol?
yes
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
i was going to order more blems from big jim but he is out of stock. so its ethier the non blems which are $65 or cx which are $70.  what cx matched the gt 1535 (600 spine)?  the 90 or 150?

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
I believe you would want the CX 90s if you like 15/35s in the GT.

You may be able to shoot the 150s with a 50 or 100 grain brass insert and more point weight and cut a little longer possibly.

i like the brass insetrs and use both the 50 gr and 100 grain.Depending on what I am trying to with the arrow to get it to work with my bow.I shoot both 150s and 250 CX Heritage.I use more point weight on the 250s and less on the 150s.I cut the 150s slightly shorter than the 250s.I can get both to fly well out of bows from 47 to 55 pounds at 30 inches draw.I prefer the 250 though overall.Especially for a heavier huning arrow.

What poundage do you shoot and whats your draw length?

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
CX are great shafts. GT aren't bad either, but I give edge to CX. I've got lots of experience shooting both, just my opinion.
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
I shoot both GTs and CXs.  I think the CXs are a little tougher, but the GTs spine works better for my setup without getting the arrows excessively heavy.  I mostly use the GT 5575 blems with a 100 gr brass insert and a 2216 alum sleeve glued in with JBWeld.  I used to have trouble with inserts coming out even with shaft preparation, but I have not had any problem since sleeving with the 2216. I mount the sleeve down flush with the end of the insert and that gives extra strength for shots in wood etc. plus it covers up the shoulder that catches and pulls out.
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
I use the GTs,when I shoot carbons.I have not used the CXs or any other carbons.I have shot GTs for so long and I know just how to tune them.I use the wire bore cleaning tip and alcohol on the shafts,then I steelwool the brass inserts and clean with alcohol.I use eastons hotmelt for carbons with no problems.My problem is I drive the brass inserts back into the shaft when I hit something really hard.
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
the ce 75 is what matches the gold tip 1535 .600 spine

the ce 90 is .530

and the ce 150 is .487
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline raghorns

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
I think CX are tougher.
Ps 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Offline Onlyaspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Im just about to make some arrows for my 55# Dorado I just bought, and Im gonna get either the GT Traddional's or the CX Heritages.... Im pulling 27" to my anchor. At that 27" Im pulling 51# on my digital scale.....what do you guys think.....would the CX150 be the right spine? Im thinking of 125-145 tip wt ? Thanks.
Hoyt Gamemaster 2....APG Camo 45#

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Onlyaspike:
Im just about to make some arrows for my 55# Dorado I just bought, and Im gonna get either the GT Traddional's or the CX Heritages.... Im pulling 27" to my anchor. At that 27" Im pulling 51# on my digital scale.....what do you guys think.....would the CX150 be the right spine? Im thinking of 125-145 tip wt ? Thanks.
play around with the stu miller spine chart. it will get you pretty close

Offline utahheadgear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
My name is Preston and I am a regional sales manager at Gold Tip.  I would obviously recommend Gold Tip arrows over CX, but I guess that goes without saying.  We feel our manufacturing processes are superior to others because of our 100% carbon construction.  This means that we don't add other materials to our arrows, and the end result is better performance in all aspects.  You can find out more about that on our website at  www.goldtip.com.  

What I really wanted to comment about is the insert issue.  If you are pulling inserts from Gold Tip arrows (or any other for that matter), it is likely the adhesive or process more than the arrow or components.  We find that epoxy and hot melt type glues do not retain inserts effectively.  We find fast set type super glues to be the very best, with the top choice being our own Gold Tip Tip Grip adhesive.  We have specifically designed our inserts to perform optimally with this type of adhesive.  You will notice that our components have deep grooves and flats.  These are intentional and aren't just for looks.  These grooves give the adhesive a "handle" if you will for the glue to hold onto.  The adhesive adheres well to the carbon shaft, but not to the aluminum inserts.  But, with the deep grooves the adhesive has something to grab on to, and grab it does.  Since switching to this insert we have had almost zero problems with insert retention.  That said, you need to use ample amounts of glue, the right type of glue, and you need to give it time to cure.  Even though is says "fast set", the full cure time is 24 hours.  
Lastly, DO NOT use cleaners like acetone, alcohol, etc.  These cleaners soak into the pores of the carbon and remain for some time, negating the ahesion of the glue when applied.  Simply tap out the dust and apply your insert!

If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
CX Heritage for me as well, I shoot both... The Gold Tips are lighter but I think the Carbon Express are a better shaft.

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
I like the Carbon express and the 90's shoot lights out of my 50# bows.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
Preston,

is the glue reversible/ Meaning if i want to change inserts in case of using brass etc... can it be changed or is it permanent?  I like the ability to heat up the hot melt and change the wt on the front if needed.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©