3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What hunts are you planning for 2011? Souting yet?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What hunts are you planning for 2011? Souting yet?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Planning on hunting hogs and turkey this spring. Can't hardly wait until March 26th gets here.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
I've got elk on my mind already too. Seems like it is a year-around thing! I have a pretty good chance of drawing a LE elk tag in Utah this year with the points I have. Really hoping that comes together. I would be sharing it with a great man and mentor who is a great caller.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
HH -Kinda dark-reddish brown animal? Marmot or Whistle pig. If it is what I am thinking of?

Snag what unit in Utah?
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
Elksong, I put in for Manti. I didn't have enough pts. to draw Pahvant, San Juan, or some of the other top units. But from folks I talked with I think I'll be happy if I draw it.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
For me, if all works out, it will be Spring Turkey, general season deer and general season elk. I've got to find someone who will let a Wannabe1 tag along for elk though.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
i'm your huckleberry tw...just say the word..goin into the eaglecaps with felix,bjorn and joe d but i will also be going to the area i told you about on the coast range for another 5-7 day hunt.you are more than welcome to come along bro.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
Larry, please let me know what dates you are planning on the coastal range when you know. I'll do everything I can to see if I can work it in.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
tw...i plan on hunting the eaglecaps the first week or second,depends on moon phase.then the next week for at least five days on coast.i'll keep in touch.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline canadian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Going to Northern Quebec for caribou, and then just the usual moose, deer and bear around home.
murph

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
My hunts for 2011 are Wisconsin for spring turkeys, Colorado for elk in September, then Iowa and Wisconsin for whitetails.  I scouted at our place in Wisconsin yesterday, and the sign looked great!  I can hardly wait!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

48# Spirit longbow
45# Martin Hunter recurve

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Going bowhunting for pheasants tomorrow.

Offline rdoggsilva

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
Just the archery or muzzle loader deer hunt here in Utah. Which ever I draw. Have not had a chance to scout yet. Our mountains are still loaded with snow, with more coming in this week.

Offline pow-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
SE Alaska black bears and deer. Close to home and the price is right.  If I can swing it turkey in New Mexico.  My 12 year old drew an awesome youth hunt moose tag (only 10 given out) so we're heading north in September.  Hooters in the spring as well (the birds not the girls).
Nothing ruins a good hunt like pulling the trigger

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
The big trip planned is a whole season ( if needed) backcountry elk hunt, Colorado. Taking my son for a HS graduation present. We're heading into the backcountry a couple days before the season starts, and will be there for the entire month. Another friend of mine is supposed to meet up with us a little later in the hunt.

Our plan is t oset a basecamp, and then do 2-4 day trips out from there. The good thing about the long trip is we can take our time, take a day off here and there  to rest and do some fishing and grouse hunting too.

Our deer season starts a couple days after we return, and will be hunting whitetails here at home, as well as a trip to Ohio. That should about do it.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
I'm headed to Ontario on a bear hunt with some great guys. Place just opened up for bear last year. 16 for 16 on bear for his hunters. Ought to be fun.
I'm also once again applying for moose in Maine,NH,and Ver.  :pray:    :pray:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Ranger44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
MN spring turkeys here.  I hope to get my first with a bow this year after hunting many years with the shotgun.  I may get to sneak in a hog hunt down south if my partner gives me a call.

Our group is applying for NM elk for the first time this year and our backup is CO or ID OTC.  Then the normal deer hunting here in MN.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »
Next one comming;bear!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
Awesome! Sounds like some great hunts planned. Some of you guy's are makin' me jealous!

I don't really scout hard until August for deer and elk, but I will keep tabs on the bucks and bulls during the winter to see what's out there and see if they make the winter. Took a picture of a bull in town on Thurs. nice 6x6 and saw him yesterday and he was a 0x0. First one I have seen shed so far.

What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline head_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Hey Elksong, Is that a tracking device around his neck. Thanks for the info on the marmot or whistle pig. That's great. I will have to remember that the next time I see one. Beautiful bull you got a picture of earlier in the snow by the way. I hope thats one your after
There's more to hunting than taking a trophy.......Enjoy everything the woods have to offer

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
Going to Kake Alaska to hunt giant black bears feeding on the salmon runs. Combining with a moose tag. Self guided with a couple of buddies, actually very affordable. Airfaire is the only killer.
David M. Conroy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©