3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ? for Tall Tines owners  (Read 222 times)

Offline Hess

• Trad Bowhunter
? for Tall Tines owners
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Hey fellas,

So I got a 'new to me' TT and I've got a question for y'all.  The lamination on the back of the limbs where the limbs bolt on is too small for the attachment system of the Great Northern quiver (quick mount, my favorite quiver of all time).  It's not the size of the hole, but how the plastic mounting bracket hangs over the lamination, whether it's pointed towards the limb tip or the riser...it drives me crazy.  If the laminations were 1/2" longer the quiver would fit just fine.
Are all of the limbs Wessel makes like this?  Hmmmm.  If I can find my camera I'll post pics soon if this sounds a bit muddy.

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ? for Tall Tines owners
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Yeah...post us up a pic of how the GN fits.
Mine has a Kanati limb bolt quiver and I honestly don't think it could fit any better.
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
I think I know what your talking about on the limbs. Yes I think all of them have it. I have kanati limb bolt quivers on mine as well and they fit great. I would be interested in seeing a pic of how the GN fits.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TexasTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
Hess - I have a new to me tall tines and have the same issue with the great Northern quiver.  I dont like the way the mounting bracket hangs over the lamination -- however, I love the bow so I think I will just use a different quiver.  Maybe one of the strap on GNs

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I am having a tough time picturing the problem.  All the limbs have that extra overlay you are talking about, maybe you need to rotate the QD receptacle180?  I use Kanati limb bolt angle quiver on all my TT's.

Offline Hess

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
Steve O

Yes, you're exactly right...the extra overlay.  It is too small.  TexasTrad recommends my fear of having to use a strap on GN.  I love the quick mount and it will work, but it looks like an afterthought and I can't stand that.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks guys,

Erik

PS  The bow is great

Offline TexasTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Steve O  -- if you rotate the QD receptacle, it still hangs over the lamination.  No real issue -- just cosmetic.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
I know exactly what you are saying Hess, I either use a strap on GN or the Kanati.  I was strictly a GN guy till I tried the Kanati.  You might want to try one out Hess, I don't think you will be disappointed. I think you'll find the bow to be a real sweet shooter, post some pics I'd love to see it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©