3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Has anyone bought a NEW Martin Hunter?  (Read 306 times)

Online DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
Has anyone bought a NEW Martin Hunter?
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »
I was woundering if anyone has bought a new Martin Hunter?  Black glass on limbs, Gray Action, Zebra, Bubinga riser.  This was my first Recurve when I started archery in 1987.  I love that bow then. Brown action wood riser w/ a little stripe down the middle. That bow shot great, but all my friends had Brackenbury's and the rest is history...... I was looking at them last night and thought it would look great with gray skins on it. any feed back on your bow would be great.  I have a 29" draw, I don't remember them stacking.  Enjoy the Day

Dude from the Desert
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Has anyone bought a NEW Martin Hunter?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
Yep. I bought mine in 2004. It is exactly as you described. It is a special bow for me, being my first traditional bow, and the first brand-new toy I ever bought, after getting my first teaching job. Before the Hunter, the bow that I used, and that got me into archery, was an old Hoyt compound, which I shot my first two animals with. When I bought that Hunter, I was hooked on traditional. It took a lot of practice, but later that year, I finally connected with a feral donkey, and a month or so a later, a young bull buffalo. The next year, I shot a feral horse, then another feral donkey with it. Since then, I've passed that bow on to my brother, and he killed his first bow-and-arrow animals with it, three really big feral goats (I got a goat with it too). I've started shooting longbows since then, Black Widow and Howard Hill, and have a Schafer Silvertip recurve on order; but that Martin Hunter remains a special (and excellent) bow.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
I also draw 29 inches, and it was just fine!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Online DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Ty  any more?
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Steve P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©