3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Qarbon Nano  (Read 783 times)

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
Qarbon Nano
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Hmm. ABS has this bow on their site, is it as cool as they claim? They have pretty mighty claims.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Qarbon Nano
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
ttt
Gila hickory selfbow 54#

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
If you do a search there have been some lengthy discussions on this item. However finding informed claims good or bad may be difficult.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
You may need to look at spelling too.......................

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
I am shooting one now. Most of the old threads are useless concerning this bow since it was basically an OL Adcock and ABS and overseas bashing thread. I would love to talk about the bow itself and its attributes.

1. Qarbon Nano Grizz Stic bow was designed by Jim belcher(USA) and Win and Win( korea)for Alaska Bowhunting Supply

2. The bow is basically all carbon with foam lam limbs. very light

3. I found it extremly quick and very forgiving bow to shoot. As a garage bowyer myself, i could tell immediately that the limb construction and technology was way over my head. But i expected that from a leader in target archery such as the Win and Win

4. I LOVE the plunger. Prime example.. My Sitkas were shooting left 5" with a 175grain broadhead.  i simply lighten the tension on plunger spring, BINGO  arrow moved dead on. ready to go hog hunting!!  1 arrow tuning..

5. Appearance....well it's obvious this bow will not win the wood guys over. it looks modern. For a guy like me that works with wood daily and loves the look  of a swirly piece of cocobolo urac 185 onto a slab of gaboon ebony, this carbon look grew on me quickly....the limbs have some type of halogram look....it looks expensive and well it is.

6. perfomance....i'm shooting a glove on rug rest 28" 530 grain arrow 182 fps at 50# on a $100 chrono.  Also it throws an arrow straight.. no twist in cast in these limbs, thats the forgiving part....i shoot 3 under or split and still shoot a bullet hole in my paper test.

7. cost  at 1499. it's expensive sure but i not sure if there is another all carbon bow out there?  i see some for $1200 with actionwood risers.....

8. Shortcomings....ABS admits they would want a stablilzer bushing next time and maybe incorporate the international bow limb thing ma jig specs....but thats it.

9. probably need to mention again...OL Adcock has nothing to do this bow or design...let me say this again....OL Adcock bow does not exist . that project was scrapped......great

10. I believe this bow was built for guys and gals coming off of compounds and trying trad archery but wanting to have some control. A set limb skins hides my glossy limbs and ready to stick a pig.

I never have had a hunting bow with target accuracy...this bow fits that bill.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bjorn:
You may need to look at spelling too.......................
Thats how its spelled on the ABS site, professor.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Thanks, Joebuck. Thats what I was wanting to know. I have often thought of converting a target bow into a hunting bow, and it seems that W&W did just that.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Rick Belcher or JIm Belcher? Either way I respect joebuck's review, although I did mention him in the redneck thread   :bigsmyl:  A bow that needs more exposure so we can get more hands on reports and reviews before we settle on a yea or nay.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
Joe,

I think that Jim Belcher would like credit rather then Rick Belcher.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Wingnut, I am also VERY interested in the Dryad ILF. I sent you an e-mail a while back...
Gila hickory selfbow 54#

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
My apologies Spectre, I stand corrected. Thank you.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
Me tooooooo!  thanks guys..

Jim Belcher Bows...........not Rick...i edited my original
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bjorn:
My apologies Spectre, I stand corrected. Thank you.
No worries. Nothing a wee dram won't remedy.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#

Offline Pikeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
After a long wait for the bow I was very impressed with it's quatlity.  I've shot a dale dye recurve for the past 15 years and wanted to play with something new.. The Nano is very very light, almost too light when first picking it up, but after the first shot you realize how much design and research went into it.. No hand shock. The only other long bow I've ever shot that did the same thing was an old 21st Century..this carbon bow is remarkable.. As far as traditionalism goes, we shoot carbon arrows, why not carbon bows? How does that plunger thingy work anyway? Old school needs help on that thing..
PBS Regular Life
P&Y Life

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 01:40:00 AM »
Good to hear some reports on the new bow.  I have to say at $1,500 I won't be buying one anytime soon.  I can get two full on customs for the price of that bow.  On the other hand, if I hunted high mountains and 20 miles in the extra light bow would make sense.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
Informative and interesting feedback.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
ttt for those asking...
Lon Scott

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Well done review Joey. Thank you.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Joey...you are letting facts get in the way of a good argument!
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
This has nothing to do with O.L. Adcock or the fact that the bow is imported but allowing myself one PERSONAL opinion, the bow is just plain high tech ugly! That said, consider nothing else but the claims Alaska Bowhunting Supply makes on their website. They call the bow "super light" at 31.9 ounces. My Cocobolo/Yew Toelke "Whip" weighs 19 ounces. Quoting A.B.S., "the limbs are amazing, especially with heavy arrows like the grizzly sticks" and that the limbs are "specifically designed to cast our heavy tapered grizzly sticks hard". When they come to chronograph results however it becomes "I.B.O. speeds are what everyone seems to compare with these days" and then show a number of speeds obtained with extremely LIGHT arrow weights that would normally be shot through a compound except for one set. With a pair of limbs that draw 54 pounds at 28" and a 539 grain arrow or a "10 to 1" set up, they obtain 183/184 f.p.s. with a mechanical release which translates to 178/179 f.ps. with fingers. This is good but certainly not amazing performance. There are quite a few wood/glass laminated d/r longbows that will match this performance and a smaller number of them along with many with some carbon that will better it. Considering that you could typically buy or come close to buying two of these bows for what one of the A.B.S. bows cost, where do you find $1500.00 worth in one of them?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©