3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Qarbon Nano  (Read 781 times)

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Qarbon Nano
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
"the bow is just plain high tech ugly!"...Amen to that.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Online jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
Sounds like a good bow.  Just not for me.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
Such a price tag! Ouch!   :scared:   Who are they marketing to anyway?!
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
Jim,

Excellent points and well said, I don't see the justification for the price. I bet my Critter Gitter can at the very least match the performance.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
joebuck, I don't have a dog in this fight. I think bjorn was referring to Win-Win Corp. not ABS. I could be wrong. A bowyer friend of mine recently shot a Nano in Michigan and gave it a favorable review. As someone else reported, for someone interested in a lightweight, seemingly bombproof rig, this could be the ticket. I would agree that the numbers for fps as reported are respectable not not necessarily amazing. It sounds like the Qarbon Nano has many outstanding and exciting qualities that will the meet the needs of certain bowhunters, just like so many of our other trad options.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
howdy Mike, your right!

speaking of ABS, Ole Ed Schlief donated his time and dime this weekend for bowhunting by volunteering to do a seminar at the Pope and Young banquet. " do it Yourself Alaska Bowhunting trip"

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
Let me say that I have had some dealings with the folks at A.B.S. and was very well treated, there was an oversight on someone's part on their end in getting a "test kit" of grizzly sticks to me and when it was discovered they over-nighted it to me and refused to let me pay, they were more than fair.
 I hope the point I tried to make in my previous post is recognized which is I.M.H.O. the price of the Quarbon Nano is ridiculous. When a custom bowyer in this country can set up a business with the tools and machinery required, advertise, buy expensive exotic woods and create a one of a kind work of art and ship it to you for the prices they charge, it is again in my opinion ridiculous that a product not custom made but mass produced by people making wages that you would starve to death here on costs roughly twice as much! On top of this, the bow while doubtless a fine shooter offers no apparent advantage over the custom alternative made by an American craftsman.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
I have read many reviews on this bow and what surprises me is how they hype the light weight and amazing speeds, sorry many bows will match it in speed and if the 31 ounces is correct, their are a ton of longbows that are lighter as well. Even many recurves that light. Price, well if someone is willing to pay whatever price for any bow that is up to them. Heck if I had a ton of money I would probably buy one just to see if the hype is real for myself. I don't so I will just sit back and read what everyone else thinks!(LOL!) Shawn
Shawn

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
In a sport where most of us will walk miles to find a single barred turkey feather to make our own fletching than buy one from the "compound shop"   the Nano price tag is up there. But consider this for a moment

materials:   carbon lams and solid carbon riser.  what was last price any of us paid for a solid piece of carbon at local hardware store or even Bingham that make our own bows? foam cores? Don't even know where to get that.  better yet who else is making this exact composite longbow?  Wonder why

R and D.   2 or 3 scrapped projects, dozens of cad drawings. Months of months of leg work to assemble right players.

Business Overhead....advertising costs, packageing, travel. how many of us have flown to Asia a dozen times last year and stayed weeks at a time? Insurance?

But why overseas?  please call ABS collect and give then the number of a company you know in the states that can manufacture an all Carbon bow...

maybe there is a dollar or two left to pay yourself and your wife a salary .  

how many of us have started a bow company up from the ground?  I tried once out of garage in Newnan Ga.....short lived.

Offline elksticker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
I had to buy a carbon liner to go under my insole of my shoe(arthritis).  For just one shoe it was $87.  Some of the best money I ever spent!!!

Offline AKCrazyhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by joebuck:
   carbon lams and solid carbon riser.  what was last price any of us paid for a solid piece of carbon at local hardware store or even Bingham that make our own bows?
Excellent point.  Where would one order such a riser blank?

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
Bill, with all due respect and to make a point, you were not buying a piece of carbon material, you were buying a finished insole probably manufactured overseas by people again working for wages that you and I would starve here on. It was then imported and marked up to yet another ridiculous price. Would it not have still been some of the best money you ever spent had it been more reasonably priced?
 Joey, I am sure you would agree that there are a number of custom bowyers here who have  experience incorporating carbon into their bow designs. Is it not entirely possible that the reason no one has attempted here or out-sourced the manufacture of an all carbon bow before was that they did not believe such a bow would offer any real advantage in weight, shooting characteristics or performance? This seems to me to be exactly what chronograph tests and bow specs that A.B.S. uses in their own advertising proves.

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Let's arrange a lynching for every bowyer whose advertisements we don't agree with. That would be quite some line! I see advertisements all the time from bowyers who claim fast bow speeds, quiet bows, smooth drawing, no hand-shock, etc that I would take exception with. Those who think too much money is being charged for the product have no knowledge of how businesses operate. A lot of time and effort has gone into the development of this bow and those costs need to be recouped. Some would like to have us think that starving, half-naked 7 year old kids are chained in a Korean factory making these bows for 5 cents a day wages. I'm quite happy with my ACS bows made in the good ole US of A but would have no issues whatsoever trying the ABS bow. By the way, ABS donated a bow, half-dozen grizzly stick arrows, and a half-dozen of their over-priced broadheads to the Pope and Young convention auction last weekend.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline NJWoodsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Thanks all for the additional specs on this bow. It's disappointing it's both heavier and slower, on top of costing twice as much as a high end production recurve. Well, the pictures look nice, anyway.

Offline elksticker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Jim, I beg to differ.  It was a carbon plate that he cut to the shape of my foot with a jig saw. I do not know where it was manufactured.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
Bill, I apologize and stand corrected, I should have thought before I assumed anything concerning your foot care.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
So basically what I'm getting is that because this bow is made of super materials and there was much R and D, that justifies the price ? For me Function rules over anything else, so the question for me is 1,500, is it going to enable me to shoot better than any of my other bows that at best cost half as much. And I mean significantly better not just a little better.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Very interesting, but I think not for me. I love the look of fine wood too much.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©