3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Qarbon Nano  (Read 780 times)

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Qarbon Nano
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
joebuck: nice review

Offline Pikeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
I never thought this thread would turn into a justification of the bow's existence or not. Should they have made it or shouldn't they? Does it cost too much or not?
PBS Regular Life
P&Y Life

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
wow...had to check and see if i was on TG, for a moment i thought i was on the LW.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
I think what we are trying to say is simple, a bow that expensive should live up to it's hype. No one questions whether it should be made or not.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
No it can't be the LW, if it was, there would be a lot more name calling and swearing. This is just a healthy discussion.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Well said Joebuck, glad you're liking the Bow !!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Spectre asked for a review of the bow. If you don't have valid input on that then why post on it. If the price is not what you consider good ok shoot the bow you have. There are thousands of good ones out there.  Let's let him get the info he was looking for. Please.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:00 AM »
Amen, Randy. I enjoyed the review, and it made me realize that, although the bow appears to be a very nice one, I probably won't buy one myself. I have bought other ABS products and have never thought any of them were unfairly priced, even though some of them were expensive as a result of their high quality. We are fortunate to have the variety of products available to us today that were not around just a few years ago. This trad archery thing is really catching on.    :thumbsup:   I only started doing it about 53 years ago, before it was "traditional".

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 04:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by LongStick64:
I think what we are trying to say is simple, a bow that expensive should live up to it's hype. No one questions whether it should be made or not.
Have you seen the price tag on a new Habu? Seriously... people have to get over the whole price thing... the primitive guys have us nailed on that... especially when people want to talk function over form.

Irregardless of cost... if you want it buy it... shoot the bow... if you like it then it was money well spent. If the tax man was a bit friendlier to me this year I would have entertained the thought of getting one of these.

Good luck in your quest bro.

Kawika
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
hello gentlemens, no pics to look at one in the "real world" ?

THank you !
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Why does this happen everytime?
Good review Joe,as well as other points made.
I have seen and shot the bow and it is NOT heavy,It feels very feather lite and well balanced in the hand but at the shot it feels very solid. It is a very nice bow and good looking in it's own style. The only bow that is in the same design class is the A&H with the all composite riser,I think that bow is very solid to shoot.About the same money also.(i think).
The ABS bow is pretty cool Specter,try to lay your hand on it and ring it out. Thanks for putting this back on task Randy. That horse needs some rest.
Chuck
P.S. Good morning all!
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Don't know if I'd ever buy such a bow, but I appreciate folks who push the envelope of what is currently available.  Not every 'push' is successful in terms of market acceptance.  But we always learn something from the experiment. A couple of examples might help.

Dave Sousa (DAS and then Dalaa bows) was not the first to ever think of trying to capture some of the olympic target bow features in a hunting bow.  But he got the market thinking about it, and now look at the number of traditional bowyers offering ILF limbs and risers as options.

I was recently discussing availability of exotic hardwoods with a bowyer based in Ohio.  He had produced a really nice takedown recurve using a lot of outstanding tulipwood.  He mentioned all the sources of tulipwood he had previously used were telling him it had become very scarce and what supply remained was not that highly figured and was getting very expensive.  They did not know if the supply would ever recover.  So what might we in traditional archery do if the materials of current choice become unavailable to us because of price and/or supply issues?  A bow made of all man made materials might come in pretty handy.  

I think ABS should be congratulated for trying to move the bar of what's possible.  If their efforts don't float your boat, then exercise your economic vote by buying something else.

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Any body else with hands on experience?

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
Any other reviews?  Comments by others who have shot the bow?
Lon Scott

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
I was looking HARD at getting one. But went with a USA made ACS instead.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
Interesting bow, thanks for the review.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Great review, and my only thought really is... doesn't seem very much like a stick and a string at all.  But they are interesting.
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Offline grizz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
I have been waiting for the discussion to come up on this "new" bow. Right from the start I noted that their "speed" was due mostly to the "IBO" weight standard (wayyy too light an arrow for anything but frogs)! Too many folks today seem to think that carbon is the answer, sometimes I see it as just an excuse, to justify price. Mr. Wright hit the nail on the head with his asessment, too much money, not enough "tradition". Thanks, but no thanks!
mike

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
All you folks that bitch & whine about the price of every new bow that comes out....Do you ever lookat other high-end (& not so high-end) bow prices? I'm thinking Morrison, A & H, Dale Dye, Rose Oak, Acadian, hell even the Bear Take downs run you near $1500.
Face it, good bows cost money.
Fancy woods, inlays, pierce points etc... do not make a bow any better, just more expensive.
The R&D that goes into building a new concept bow like the Quarbon has to be paid for somehow.
If you don't want to pay for that, fine, but stop bashing manufacturers for setting their prices as they see fit.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
I agree with you Rob but which Bear takedown costs $1500?  Last I saw they were $799.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©