3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow PL grip  (Read 355 times)

Offline Grendal

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow PL grip
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
Whats up guys -
     I'm interested in a Widow PL (longbow) but was wondering what the grip was like.  For a longbow I need a good distinct locator type grip that my hand goes right into.  Of course I'll do the try before you buy but if the grip is more of a classic straight type I wont even get that far.  Thanks!
Bob Lee Hunter 62" 52#@28"

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow PL grip
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
I really like the standard grip on my Black Widow longbows.

You can also ask them to make any grip you like; I saw one longbow with a recurve-like grip (I think it was owned by a church pastor, and was a PLX Osage - I just can't remember his name).

If you do a search on the Widow Wall, typing in words like "grip" or "Osage" or "PL" you might get lucky and stumble onto a picture of the one I'm referring to.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
The standard grip on the PLs, whether one-piece or takedown, is a compromise between the straight grip of a trad longbow, and the deep grip of a compound. When this has come up before in conversation, most guys say they have no trouble adapting. In my case, to shoot well with a longbow I have to put the weight on my palm rather than the finger-thumb arch, so you have to come to that small adjustment in style. Again, it's a compromise, but I think a good one. dave

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
For me I like the grip on the PL Widows more then the LAG Widows.But grips can be a personal preference.

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
The stock PL grip is low for me, so I ordered my PLX with their older longbow "LAG" grip which is designed to be held around the throat like a recurve.  If there wasn't a grip option, I wouldn't have bought one.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©