3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim's Quiver  (Read 271 times)

Offline skippy1

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jim's Quiver
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
which model do yall recomend for my long bow? Will the big one throw off the balance? Is there enough room in the medium quiver for 5 arrows with broadheads? While we are on the topic, what do yall think is better the Great Northern quiver like Fred Eichler uses or the Big Jims?

Offline skippy1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim's Quiver
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:00 AM »
Ryan - a bow quiver will give you a little bit different balance on the bow....many folks like that additional weight...me included.  I have the Big Jim's with the medium head and if you want to put 5 broadheads in it, I'd say, depending on your broadhead, go with the large.  Especially if you shoot 3 bladed heads.  Outstanding quiver....easy on/off, and solid on the bow.  Have had a GN or two and Jim's is much better IMHO.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline skippy1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
ok, How about 4 broadheads and one blunt. I always carry on arrow with a judo or something. Its usually turned upside down also with the nock in the hood. Would there be enough room in the medium hood?

Offline skippy1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
O, I shoot WW also if that makes a difference

Offline skippy1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
come on yall does no one own these quivers. ttt

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
I really like my 5 arrow one eight the medium hood. Will fit 2.  Lade heads fine.  Diffinatly go large for 3 blades
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
skippy....there are a lot of folks that own this quiver.....many of us are at work right now though.  You should get more answers this evening.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
I have the small hood Big Jim which I use on recurves. It is a 4-arrow quiver because I take only 3 broadheads and one judo to the woods.

I have a GN accessory screw mounted quiver and a limb bolt quick detach model. I owned a strap-on GN also.

I like the Big Jim quiver better. In fact, it is the best looking and working bow quiver for a recurve I've owned since 1966.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Big Jim's quiver is awesome. You'll love it. As for which is best for you, I'd call Jim, no one knows his gear better than Jim himself. Plus you get to talk to a "Celebrity Master Bowyer".   :bigsmyl:   :notworthy:   That alone is worth the price of the ticket! Lol!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline skippy1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Haha, thanks to all that replied. I think Im going to get the medium hood with the 4 arrow gripper. I think 3 broad heads and one judo should be enough. Id like to carry the 5 arrows but I dont want to weigh down my new tomahawk. Its so balanced and light that I dont want to throw that off.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »
I have the large hood and 5 arrow gripper.  I strapped mine to a little 2" X 1" board and put a strap on it like a GFA type quiver.  I carry 2 Big Jim broadhead, 1 Mag I, a SGT, and a judo in it and they fit well and I'm ready for anything that's unlucky enough to get inside my "comfort zone".
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Lonala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »
Big JIms Quiver awesome Large Gripper butt solid on the bow buddy
Grizzly Stik Qarbon Nano QN2 53#@28 64"
Wesley Speacial 64" 58@27
Vixen 66"55#@28

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
You can always use a pair of "PiggyBackers" to carry an extra arrow if need be also.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
Also Just got out to test my Big Jim Bow   med hood with 5 arrow gripper, .......close to the bow, super light and solid to the bow, my new favourite quiver!

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
I just got my Big Jim Quiver 5 arrow with large hood. Can't wait to try it out on my tomahawk tomorrow. This quiver is very nice and well built. They do not have the embroidered hood anymore and offer a stamped hood with their emblem and it is very nice. He has fast shipping.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©