3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kanati or EFA quivers? TradGangers are the best!!!  (Read 734 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kanati or EFA quivers? TradGangers are the best!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
Both great sponsors and great guys to work with. Really nice products. You can't go wrong.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
My daughter & boys and I have 7 or 8 Kanati Quivers and cannot find fault with any of them.  Well made and good looking with many choices of leather and hides.  A superior product from a consumate archer and bowhunter.  We have two piece and one piece and Slim Jims.  All perform flawlessly and really add a quality look to your bow.  I would highly recommend the Kanati.
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
The Kanati quiver is very well made down to the smallest detail. It would be my choice if I was planning the hunt of a lifetime.

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Just buy one of each John and Don are good fellas to deal with. I have a Kanati two peice but there is nothing wrong with either product in my opinion.
Possum the other white meat

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
Bow quivers are like cars. That's why they make so many different kind. I appreciate it when someone says I like this product, but then admits that he hasn't tried the other one. I hate it when a guy who goes on about how great something is when he hasn't tried anything else. Also, both companies  have made improvements in our products. I believe that it can only be better when there is good competiltion. Hey, just look at Fred Bear and Ben Pearson. That rivalry gave us some darn good bows and other products.
   :archer2:      :archer2:      :archer2:  
Ouch John, I believe that you shot me in the tail. Hah!

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
I am partial to EFA Quivers myself. Just got home from out Tuesday night shoot at EFA and the old guy in the post above me was my team mate. We let Harry and Jeff win tonight  :)
Great quivers and great folks to deal with.
My 0.02
Randy
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 05:59:00 AM »
If I could have all the money back from the quivers I have purchased over the years , I could pay for a great bow hunting adventure.

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »
kanati all the way. his new slim jim is my new favirite quiver! both the kanati pro and the slim jim designs are great quivers.
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Thank you all! Your answers are useful and you did it with respect and honesty,focusing on the positive side.Those two sponsors are GREAT!I'll take contact soon,if some other guys wants to share their toughts on those quivers,feel free and go for it.Good shooting to all,spring's comming!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
I have two E.F.A. quivers and both are light but I also like the looks of the Kanati quivers and Lee Hoots explained to me last week about the new Slim Jim can be laid on the lap while hunting and you won't notice the quiver is there due to being flat...I'm thinking seriously of getting one soon for my New Hoots Recurve but haven't decided on the color choice I want...Maybe someone can help me pick out the color to match the Ziricote riser and Olive ash burle limbs with lots of moose horn on my Hoots...I like the looks of the hooded styles but now that Lee explained to me about the Slim Jim's design I like the thought process  that was put into the design of it...  :thumbsup:

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
Kanati.  I love mine.  Easy to use quiet, and nice looking.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
I own both the Kanati and EFA strap on quivers. Function wise, they are very simular. The difference I notice is weight. The Kanati is heavier in weight. I use them according to the bow I'm shooting. Mt 64" TD Blacktails have plenty of mass weight already so the EFA gets the nod on those bows. If I want to add a bit od weight to a one piece or light bow, the Kanati gets the nod.
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Rank Bull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Have the Kanati Slim Jim Pro, love it. 3 broadheads and a 1 blunt (keep and extra broadhead for the blunt in my lumbar pack just in case). It's perfect.

Lies flat on the ground (quiver down) which is pretty convenient.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
"Bow quivers are like women".
You know... I never thought of it quite like that. And I'm not sure I can see the resemblance!
 I've tried neither. BUT, this thread has solved a question for me as I've been to both sites recently. Get one of each. Now that I can agree with.
A Slim Jim and Cherokee Totem are my choices.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
heres a few pics of the slim jim on the addiction longbow, and the kanati pro hood on an addiction recurve

Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
I took the plunge.  I just ordered a Slim Jim Pro.  I like the concept.  Would have like four covered BH 's but we'll see how three works.

Got it in black with red lacing to match my new PL.  Should see it perhaps this week.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
have never tried a kanati but they look like a fine product. i have an EFa Cherokee and i love it. Lighweight solid 4 arrow bow quiver. definitely worth a good look if you're interested in a bow quiver, i suspect you won't be disappointed.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
I have had them both if I had to pic one it would be.........I couldnt! I like the EFA on certain bows, my kids love them on theirs and I like the Kanati on others.

After looking at Johns site if I ever get my 3 piece going it will have a limb bolt quiver by him, that thing looks perfect. I am kind of partial to the name "Kanati" too  :D

Offline Gumby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Kanati all the way. I have 3 of them to date and will be buying more in the future. Great product and even better people behind it.
Cheers Darcy

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
I went back to where I said something like, "Bow quivers are like women. Each have their advantages and their limitation". After thinking about it, I've decided this could be taken wrong, and have deleted that statement. I have nothing but respect for the women in my life and appoligize to anyone who may have been offended.

At EFA we make more different sizes and hood styles than any one else in the industry. We also offer them with limb wrap, limb bolt, and side mount attachments, a "totem" shaft which makes it a one piece quiver, and our "wing" attachment which gives the arrow set back needed for many of the short recurves that are now popular.

Our website is being updated now. Soon these new items will be on there. As usual, we always appreciate your thoughts on any new products. Thanks for your support.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©