3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow for my wife?  (Read 214 times)

Offline Lone Ranger

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow for my wife?
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
I shot at the TBOF Florida shoot this past weekend and my wife has finally decided she wants a bow of her own (this is good and bad as she will be out shooting me in short order but at least we can have something fun to do together!) I was already thinking of ordering a Maddog Midsized Longbow. I am wondering if there are any other Bowyers that offer something similar for the same price range? Mikes bow would be 210 bucks with whatever wood choices and options I would want but the wait time is 3 months  :( . Does ANYBODY come that close price wise for a custom bow? I was going to get 45# @ 28". My wife draws 25&1/4" and can handle that.

thanks,

L.R.
Profanity Makes Ignorance Audible

Offline Lone Ranger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow for my wife?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
FYI I would like to put in an order or buy by the end of this week-

L.R.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
check out Stikbowsbydondow.com. They are great shooters and he has a fast turn around.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
I would look for a quality used bow. For $200 you may be surprised at what ya can get and have in 2-3 days! Shawn
Shawn

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
If you are going to get her a custom bow, get one that is made for her draw length and draw weight. But you need to ascertain exactly what her draw length and draw weight will be. I am of the opinion that anyone with a draw length less than 28" needs to focus on a custom bow where the bow and personal characteristics of the shooter are well matched.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
I got my wife a Maddog bow when she decided to give it a try.  It did the trick, got her hooked.  If ya can wait on one of Mike's I'm sure she'll like it.

My wife has moved on to a bow by another TradGanger, Brad Jansen.  He just builds 'em part time, but makes a fine bow.

Looks like the time factor may make things a little rough. But like Shawn said, you can get a fine used bow for about half of a new one sometimes.

Good luck.   :archer2:

Offline Lone Ranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
I have no problem buying used, but I am not finding much in the classifieds here, nor e-bay. I would rather buy from someone on here (if used) vrs e-bay as I trust the folks on here over some seller on e-bay. We just went out and shot a round (36 arrows or so) and she was using my bear kodiak hunter (40#'s @ 28") and she can hold that back just fine- her form is freakin awesome, and I really want to get her a bow, so we can both shoot.

L.R.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
If she is shooting your Bear well, keep looking until you find what is perfect.  maybe she wants a bear also.  why rush.  Have get try different style bows and get her what she really likes.  It is pretty rare that when I shoot with friends we shoot at eh same time.  rather we watch one another and comment on shots and spot placement.  for a while one bow might even help.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Lone Ranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
you tube  

my wife shooting today~ pretty freaking good if ya ask me!

L.R.    :thumbsup:

Offline Rebel Yelp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
I bought my girlfriend a midsized recurve from Maddog. Fast and very easy to shoot. She does well with it.

I'm sure Mike's long bow is a fine choice as well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©