3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Drive Way Practice  (Read 166 times)

Offline 47pronghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Drive Way Practice
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
I was practicing this afternoon with my one piece Pronghorn. It's Bamboo with a Kingwood riser, 62" AMO 47#@28. That is one smooth, sweet shooting bow. I'd been meaning to increase draw weight for hunting season this fall, so I pulled out my Wife's Kota Prairie Fire, which I bought from another TG'er, Katie Gilbert. Its riser is charcoal and burgundy dymondwood, and I believe the limb cores are bamboo with Myrtle Veneers. I'm used to my pronghorn grip, which has a very slight dish, the Kota grip is fantastic, it fits like a glove. I also love how well the shelf is cut in and radiused. It is 58" AMO 40#@22". Estimate 3# per inch and we're at 58#@28. I draw 29" on longbows with a broken wrist. Beman ICS 500's with a standard insert and a 125gr tip, cut at 31" fly perfect out of my Pronghorn, it needs a weak spine since it is cut so far away from center. Those deffinately wouldn't fly out of the Kota. So, I located my stock of arrows and snuck up on them and snatched 2 possibles, a 31" Beaman MFX Classic 400 with a 100gr brass insert and an old GoldTip 55/75 with a standard insert measuring 29.25". The Kota was braced at 7.75" and the nocking was a bit low for me. Since I shoot 3 under, I adjusted it to .5" above center. The MFX was deffinately weak, as I suspected it would be, I'm surprised the arrow didn't slap the target with the nock  :D . Next up, the GT5575. And away we go! At 10 yards the flight was promising, just kicking up and down, so I adjusted to nocking point up by an eighth. I moved out to 17 yards, and saw a beautiful sight, just an orange nock and spinning fletching. Kota and I shot 1 arrow at a time for about an hour, and I'm worn out! It sure was fun though, I bet the Pronghorn will feel like a rubber band next time I shoot it  :D .

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Drive Way Practice
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
From what I remember that Kota shoots the eyes right out of rabbits.... sounds like you had fun.  :clapper:
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©