3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which Broadhead?  (Read 309 times)

Offline Ratatat

• Trad Bowhunter
Which Broadhead?
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Well I wanna try a new broadhead this year.  I think I have it narrowed down to two.  165 Interceptor or 160 Magnus I.  Any thoughts or experiences with either one of these.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which Broadhead?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
The radical sweep of the Interceptors can make them tricky to sharpen with a file. Jerry makes a wheelie thingy that is well worth the $6.00 it costs... works dam good too!

Magnus I 160 gr.  Great broadhead. Tough as nails easy to sharpen with about any method.

I'd say it's a toss up except the Magnus has a slight advantage because of sharpening ease...and a little cheaper if that matters.  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
I have no experience with the Interceptors other than looking at them.  However I have shot Magnus for years and like Charlie says you can almost sharpen them with a smooth field stone!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Online AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
Simmons has a steel master sharpener that is worth the money and anybody can get a scary sharp edge with.  I've killed way too many deer with the land sharks and interceptors not to throw my vote in for Simmons.  Taking absolutely nothing away from the Magnus heads, it's just that my broadheads ain't broke and don't need fixin!!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©