3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Blind Seat  (Read 361 times)

Offline Knapper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Blind Seat
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Thanks, I actually just bought one at the Michigan Expo. and he was set up with Fred.  As the chair does not have a name on it I had forgotten the makers name of Waldrop.  Have not had a chance to use it yet.  I have just about purchased every chair on the market trying to find the perfect one.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
Thank you guys and you have peaked my interest regarding the Waldrop Pacseat and the Huntmore 360.

Both have their attributes and I often walk in over a mile from the truck. The family and doc's  have told me no hunting out of stands anymore.

The Waldrop may be an overall better fit for me, however I really am focusing on this chair specifically for hunting out of a pop-up blind while targetting turkeys. One concern on my mind which may be unwarranted is as follows:  I have always felt some security in having my face positioned above the shooting window and actually viewing and shooting downward at turkeys. The Waldrop will position me closer to ground level and I was just a little concerned that the birds may start busting me.

Please provide some applicable feedback to quell this concern.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Magnus Rackpack is what I'm using.....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
Friend, You are correct in your concerns about seat height when hunting out of a pop-up blind. The Pacseat sits a lot lower to the ground and causes some problems with shooting in some situations that you will encounter.

The 360 on the other hand has adjustable seat height from 16" to 22" and with the individual adjustable legs will sit level on uneven ground, it will get you high or low enough to shoot out of the blind no matter what the terrain.

In situations where I want to use my 360 and I have a long walk in, I use an old fleece fieldline backpack that weighs almost nothing to take my 360 into the hunting woods. As far as getting busted because of the height of the stool/chair? I guess I'm not following you? All I know is, the height of your seat will and does make a difference when hunting out of a pop-up blind.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©