3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great weekend, met a fellow Tradganger, beautiful day stumping!  (Read 168 times)

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys I had taken a weekend off, usually work every one. Had a fellow tradganger come over, Jeff Roark, from Manchester KY. We had talked on line and over the phone, finally got to meet him, great guy. He has been shooting trad about a year, was getting frustrated about some things. We tuned his bow, made some flemish strings and taught him how in the process, changed the rest on a bow or two, recut and fletched a mess of arrows. Man did he shoot well, just a little form work now and he will be formidable on the 3-D or in the woods. We took a break at lunch, had some elkburgers from a bull I killed this year and fried potatoes, and some chocolate cake the wife had made, MMMM, MMMM Good! The we went out and he let me shoot his new Fedora his Uncle had given him, SWEEETT! I could shoot it like it was one of my old go to Quinns, tried hard to get him to leave it with me, but didnt happen. He also had a Sage Recurve, made a new D-97 flemish for it, wool puffs and quiet as a mouse, and smoked an arrow. Hard to believe a $130 bow could shoot this smooth, hard and  accurately! Well the day ended to early and Jeff had to head back home, over 2 hour drive. I sent him home with a package of elk meat and some canned deer ham. Sure are some nice folks on this site and in the traditional community, cant wait till we get together again.

Today the wife and I took a picnic lunch out to my small 20 acre farm that connects to her familys 900 acres. Little South Fork River starts on this, is about 25 feet wide on my place, has a shoals then drops down to a 6-7 feet deep pool that is 50 yards long, great fishing hole. We at lunch on the cliff about 20 feet above this, listened  to the creek running, soaking in the sun, just being quiet and as the Bible says "Be still and know that I am God". Just sat there for an hour or more reflecting, spending quality time with my wife and maker. Then we took a walk, did some stump shooting, saw a beaver and some damage he  had done to large trees. Saw lots of deer tracks big and little, and all fresh, did some turkey scouting also. Just took our time and enjoyed it all, need to do more of this in this fast paced world we live in. Just thought I would share.
samuel koger

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great weekend, met a fellow Tradganger, beautiful day stumping!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Sounds like a great weekend! I love spending time in the woods with family and friends.

Jason

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
Sounds great Koger, you got to hang out with a new friend and spend some quality time for you and your wife.  Mix in a little stumping and it sounds like a great weekend.  Sure can recharge the batteries with times like this.  

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Sam, sounds picturesque. Glad that you got a little break from the 'ole bump and grind.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline illianabowhntr67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
AHHH!Good Times!

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
"sure are some nice folks on this site" and you Samuel are at the top of the list from my personal experience.   :thumbsup:  Kip

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Sam, sounds like a great day.  I agree with Kip entirely.  Check out the Tradgang generosity thread    here .
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
AWESOME!!!!!

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
I do believe you get it Sam! Much obliged for the story. There's integrity in humble. Thanks.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
I can't thank you enough for sharing with us(especially me) Sam.

I think Buddy nailed it!

So what Straitera said X's 2 for me.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Thanks for all your kind words guys. The older I get, the more I cherish the little things and friends and loved ones. This weekend was the start of the cure for cabin fever!!
samuel koger

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
-Clay

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
If you guys ever get a chance to get out to Monticello and meet Sam Koger you'll get to meet one of the finest fellers that there is to be found. It was like I had knew Sam and his wife all my life, like their house was my house. The hospitality and generosity was just beyond what was required.

I can't wait to get back out there and take a stumpin trip with you Sam.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©