3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone plan to hunt Sitka Blacktail 2012  (Read 499 times)

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone plan to hunt Sitka Blacktail 2012
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
This is interesting...
If this progresses, please say if you guys are looking for another hand, I am just over in Wrangell.
I see the IFA might get back on the northern route. Or, I do have a 32ft cruiser with separate shore boat that can come in handy...if that works for the plan.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »
I am in Stevo!  Got the 8 days off we were talking about...going to ask the boss about the sept leave tonight, will call ya after church.

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
To you Alaskans, what is the best area on the island to hunt the deer? Are they on the whole island? It looks like it's gonna be cheaper to go to Hollis. Most of the lodges appear to be in or around Thorne Bay. Any pointers? Thanks.
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »
I've been working on a trip for 2016 for several days now. I've talked to local outfitter, AK FW, and some a couple of teachers.

Curious if this trip came about and what folks think about 3rd week of September?  We are going to apply for bear as well.

Offline chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
Roy,

3rd week of Sept is a good time for deer on Kodiak.

I'm sure you know but if you draw a Fall Kodiak brown bear tag the season doesn't open until late October, and as a non-res you have to hunt with a guide.

Too bad you couldn't make it this fall.  I was over there for a week doing other things about a month ago and with a couple mild winters in a row, there were deer all over.

Did you talk with J.C in Kodiak ?
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©