3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Skin-Eez bow limb wraps?  (Read 635 times)

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
Skin-Eez bow limb wraps?
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Who has used them? What do you like and dislike about them? Would you recommend them to a friend? Thanks for your help, Dave

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Skin-Eez bow limb wraps?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
They are awesome. Very easy to use and dont have to worry about changing your bow..Dont get me wrong someday I will have a snake backed bow but these are as close to the real thing as there is..That I know of anyway!

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
Got mine today. They look pretty good, just trying to get up the courage to try and put them on.(lol)

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
Awhile back (before turkey season) I read a couple threads here about applying skin-eez to bows using mild soapy water. Did it and it really works great.  
Do a search on skin-eez and you'll pick up the same threads and some cool pictures of bows done in various skins.
When mine was dry I used a new single-edged razor blade to trim off the excess. Sprayed a couple layers of satin poly on top to limit scratches, etc. Pretty darn durable!
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Here is my try with them. I did this bow for a good freind of mine. Turned out ok. Except for where I messed up. But it was totaly my fault. And realy it still looked realy nice.

Before

After

Jason Lester

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »
Hey-That bow looks familiar and a lot better than it did before. Hap

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
Yeah and my buddy loves it. It shoots realy well for him too. I redid the finish first and then put those on and it realy made a big difference. Thanks again Hap.
Jason Lester

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
They are very easy to apply and just as easy to remove. I have them on an Adcock ACS and it really dresses up the plain black carbon limbs.  Plus, they are very light, so the effect on performance is negligible if any.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Thank you guys for posting pics and asking good questions. If anyone needs help or has any other questions please feel free to call also. The soapy water works real awesome. Also if you add a cap of alcohol to the soapy water it will evaporate faster. Thanks again for posting Q&A and pics about my product.
Adam

Offline BowBrain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
SnailSkin how did you redo the finish?  I ordered a set of Skin-Eez wraps yesterday any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Thanks to one and all -- not a single negative comment; I'll order a set today. Dave

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
BB,
  All I did was steel wool it all over to get the marks off of the bow and then I actually used an epoxy finish. I use 2 ton epoxy (the two part stuff you can get anywhere) and denatured alcohol (sorry cant spell today, or any day for that matter LOL) Mix it 5:1 aprox. (alcohol 5 , epoxy 1) basicaly thin the expoxy out so you can wipe it on. Just wipe it on one way and don't go back over it until its dry. You see what I mean. If you can spray it I'm sure that would work too. It turns out very hard and looks nice even wiped on. Then after it drys a few days you can put on the skins.

Good luck keep us posted.
Jason Lester

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Hey guys there is another thread and i explain how to apply them. It is real real easy.
Thanks again and a million times more.
Adam

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Ill save you guys from looking for the other thread, Here it is:

OK Sorry for the delay. We went from dead slow to jam packed busy. Let me start off by saying... NO NEED TO SAND OR GLUE YOUR BOW TO APPLY THESE.

#1 clean the bow limbs with soapy water to get rid of all contaminents

#2 Mix up some soapy water in a spray bottle with a drop of alcohol (Rubbing)

#3 Peal off SKIN-EEZtm Decal from paper backing and spray sticky side of skin with solution

#4 Line up SKIN-EEZtm decal straight down bow limb and squeegee it with applicator included.

#5 let it dry for aprox 15min so the water evaporates. (test it by trying to peal skin off the limb) if it peals smooth it out and let dry until it wont peal off.

#6 Trim extra vinyl with a BRAND NEW razor blade. This will give you the cleanest cut on the edge of the skin.

#7 -OPTIONAL- Spray a protective finish over the top. (Not needed) DO NOT USE TRUE OIL OR ANYTHING OF THAT KIND.
Thats it... I THINK I COVERED ALL THE STEPS. If anyone has any other questions please feel free to call us. We are there to help you guys and gals. So please dont hesitate to call
I hope I answered all questions and concerns about SKIN-EEZtm
Adam

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
the soap trick would have saved the one little mess up I did. I'll try this on my next set.

Thanks Adam
Jason Lester

Offline BowBrain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »
Adam, SnailSkin thanks for your advice!!

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Snailskin, What did you order. Ill send you a new piece for the mess up.
Adam

Offline eagle feather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
I just got mine on last night and I think they came out pretty good! I tried to be careful but still got a few bubbles. I should have researched more and found the soap trick. Overall I'm very happy with them. I'm a bit worried, that the rubber block on my stringer will damage the finish??    

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Adam,

Sent you a pm. Thanks for the offer. Now I can't say I have ever had that kind of offer from any other company I have purchase from. (meaning offering a replacement without me asking)

The product is impressive enough... add in customer service like this ... I'm a customer for life.
Jason Lester

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Thanks Jason, These are going out today. I like to make my customers happy. As for the bubbles Eagle, Take a pin and pop them and then smooth them out with your finger. The heat will also remove them after you pop them. The rubber part on the stringer shouldnt do anything to the skin.I am not saying it wont... But it shouldnt.
Adam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©