3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Liberty Contender/Pics  (Read 546 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Liberty Contender/Pics
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Lamey sent me this bow and I could not put it down. Unfortunately I had to send it back to Allen today. My order has been placed.

My first shot had me wondering. There ain't no way this bow is 51 lbs. The bow is marked 51@28. I shoot 27" so it's about 48 in my draw. I went to the basement and pulled out my Easton digital scale. Dead nuts on 51 lbs at 28". WOW!!!! The performance was better than 48 lbs. let me tell you.
I like heavier weights but almost kept this one.
Dead in the hand,stable to shoot, smooth on the draw. I cant say enough about Allens bow. There isn't a flaw in the finish or woodwork. Like Lamey, the grip was just a smidge to big for me but it still was comfortable to shoot.
Better get your orders in folks cause since Allen has become a sponsor his 5 week lead time is gonna go up real soon once word gets out.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
I have a chief elite and an English .  There is not a better bowyer. Some as good but none better. A very fine gentleman who is very honest in all he does.
The quality in the provided pictures is the same in all he does.  Yeah I like his bows
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Oh wow that's a beauty!
~Brock

Offline Dan in KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
I have an older Contender that is 64" and 54#@28".  Smooth as butter and a great shooter.  Worksmanship, finish, and performance are outstanding. Allen is a true artist!

DB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©