3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Recomend arrows size for Maddog Pup?  (Read 225 times)

Offline Hooper

• Trad Bowhunter
Recomend arrows size for Maddog Pup?
« on: March 20, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
I just recently placed a order with Mike for two Maddog Pup recurves, one for my nephew Liam and his best buddy Paden witch are both 4 years old. The bows are going to be 15# to 18# draw weight.

I was wondering if you guy's could help me with your idea's and opinions on buying arrows. As for arrow material and size, is there a Tradegang sponsor to buy from, or do some of you make your own up? All thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Brian
Black Widow PSA III - 59#@31
Black Widow PSR III - 53#@30 1/2
Holm Osprey 62"- 55#@30"

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recomend arrows size for Maddog Pup?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Fletcher aka Rick Stillman( thefeatheredshaft.com)makes great arrows. He made my daughter some that are beautiful. He is a sponsor.Send him an email/PM
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Grab some 1/4" dowels cut them to 26"s and flecth them you can get press on points from 3Rivers or use a couple nuts or a nut and a wingnut. Nocks can be had a 3Rivers also I believe. Shawn
Shawn

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
Kustom King sells 1/4" shafts, nocks, and field points. They are a sponsor and shipping is very fast.
Can't remember if I bought my 3" feathers from them or not, but I did build 2 dozen arrows for the grandson for under $23. I believe I bought all materials from KK.

Offline Cookus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
Shawn's advice is sound... I have 4 children and a fifth due in April... Quarter inch dowel rods for kid's arrows are the most economical.   Besides, it's a wonderful winter project to build kid's arrows!
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
I have always been more comfortable adding blunts or 5/16th HTMs until the kids are settled down enough, before I break out the sharp target points. And watch out for four year olds racing up to a target with nocks sticking out, they can be dangerous for the eyes of the little ones.  I have also found it helpful to keep a ladder handy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©