3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton Bowhunting Show  (Read 747 times)

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton Bowhunting Show
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
I enjoy his enthusiasm and his sincerity. He is the real deal and the few times I have spoke to him at different Trad shows he always seemed genuine to me.

Keep up the good work Fred!
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sean B:
He's the one real thing that I miss form getting rid of that channel. Guess I'll just have to buy more of his DVDs!
x2

i have a few dvd's and they're great

Offline Benchmade111

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
Now I see he's on a different channel. That I don't have. Darn

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
What channel was his show on? I haven't seen it on the outdoor channel in a few months. Figured they were out for the winter time slots.
GLENN

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
I enjoy his show but the post shot antics are a little over the top for me. I do not think he would get a pass on it if he were shooting a compound. Go back through some of the "hunting on TV" threads on here and you'll see the same type of behavior slammed repeatedly. It is still the only show I have set on my DVR so obviously it's not bothering me that much, I'm just trying to be fair.

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Saw him the other night.....was after Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak Island, spot and stalk....hunted his a$$ off and at the end of the trip,  no Sitka buck.  Infact,  he shot once and missed....over the back.  I like that! He was cold,  wet, sleeping in a tent and eating freeze dried stuff....in the back yard of one of the top predators on the planet.  The truth on film with no sugar or B.S.!  There is a aura of honesty about him.  I respect him....Id love to meet him some day!  Good show!

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
That guy is just the same on sceen than off.I went in 2005 and done a antelope hunt with him he is a class act me and a friend drove out he let us hunt 2.5 days more on top of the 4 day hunt for free...My friend killed a 74 inch antlope the frist extra day we hunted.Very good guy and outiftter...

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
I saw the show and could not get over how excited he was.He kept running all over the place.The best part of the show to me was when he said" I couldn't have done that with a compound".That made the whole video for me even better for the buck according to him was 4-5 yds.He then stepped it off with 5 steps.What I believe excited him the most was the buck was rubbing a bush on the other side of the brush and tree where he was standing.I have seen a lot of bucks rubbing close by but this one was right on him just through the bushes.This is what I believe drove him bonkers and then to make a perfect shot right behind the shoulder.One of the best ever footage of a hunt I ever saw.
see

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
I have never met the man but I like him.  Why, because when he was at the muzzy, I saw pictures of him having fun with his family instead of wondering who won the tournament!

He seems like a big kid, I have to say, I think more people should lighten up and ENJOY life the way Fred seems to.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
I have never met the man but I like him.  Why, because when he was at the muzzy, I saw pictures of him having fun with his family instead of wondering who won the tournament!

He seems like a big kid, I have to say, I think more people should lighten up and ENJOY life the way Fred seems to.
Well said!  :thumbsup:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Fred is great, he likes it all. Family, life, friends, Hunting, etc. Just a good guy.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
he seems to love the hunt, but he does come off as a little bloodthirsty in some of his shows. i havent met him so I may be wrong.
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline speedbump

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »
Fred's show is great...I also like to watch Stan Potts, he gets wound up too..
TGMM family of the bow

Green Mountain Longbow-Morrison Arapaho, Groves

Offline C. Halstead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
Love the show so much I DVR them. So that way when there's nothing on...I can watch them over!
Hoyt Buffalo 45lbs@28
Easton Axis 500
Muzzy Phantoms 125 grains/Magnus 125 4-blade
"The best hunt in the world is the ones I take my children...Game or no game"

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
i made a post a while back about being dissapointed that i saw fred hunting with a compound.... yea i got over that.  hes show is great!  i just wish he would come to my neck of the woods.  we need the rain....
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
A little too much this time, IMO

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
I can do without all the jumping up and down, yelling a screaming, and acting like a wide receiver who just caught the winning touchdown at the Super Bowl.  It's all too common on hunting shows.  I consider it disrespectful to the animal that just gave it's life.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline charlie phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
First time I saw him he was on a bowfish'n show.He enjoys hunt'n.

TXCP

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
I met Stan Potts in a hunting camp in 97, before he became a big national TV hunter. He walked over to me and my buddy, introduced himself and handed us posters of himself with this huge Illinous buck that he shot the year before and then asked if we would like them signed. My buddy said no why would we want them signed we don't even know who you are. Stan said that's why I introduced myself first. We handed the posters back to him and just went on our way.
He did that to every guy in that camp. He really seemed proud of himself.
GLENN

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
You can be proud without being obnoxious. I think Fred just gets excited about hunting and I bet most things he enjoys. Nothing wrong with that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©