3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Mistake! Cochise Warrior Recurve  (Read 368 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Big Mistake! Cochise Warrior Recurve
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
Hello guys and gals,

I went to the Sissipahaw Traditional Archers' shoot in Burlington, NC this past weekend. Never been before. What a mistake.

Now I'm really hooked. Those guys put on a very nice shoot. Here's the mistake...

I went just to shoot and have a good time. I figured there would be some things for sale there. Being a lefty I didn't think I'd see anything. WRONG!

I picked up a nice loooking short recurve. It wasn't strung. The owner wasn't around. He must've been out shooting.

I shot my round, came back to the table, and now it was strung!! There was a very nice young lady there, I'm guessing about 9 or 10 years old, who said it was her grandpa's bow. I was admiring it and she said, "Go ahead and shoot it if you want to." Being so kind and the perfect sales lady, I obliged.

I got my 3555 GTs and changed from 145s to 125s. I took it over to the 20 yard bale and shot. Not bad, but almost too short for me. Almost.

I retrieved my arrows and shot another six. This time I treid to focus more, emphasizing on draw and anchor, then release. Man what a shooter! I was stacking the arrows. Three were almost in the same hole and it was hitting where I was looking. A fellow also shooting a bow said, "You better buy that bow." I knew I was sunk. I tried to resist. I returned the bow to the table and thanked the young lady. I walked away.

About 10 minutes later the owner was walking with it towards his truck. I couldn't let it go.

I came home with it.

No regrets, but having my alternator go out -AGAIN- on my car that morning was not helping.

The big mistake was almost letting that bow go.

Now I need some help.

It's a Cochise Warrior 55 @ 28 but I can't find anything on this bow or the maker.

Can anyone fill me in on the history of this bowyer and if the maker is still in business? I just want a little background on what I have.

Thanks to Roger from Hickory, NC for selling me the bow. Now I'm scared to go to the bigger trad shoots. I'm afraid I'll go broke.     :scared:    
Here's the bow.

TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline nschlag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Mistake! Cochise Warrior Recurve
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
don't know a thing about them, but it sure is a nice looking rig. congrats on the purchase!
06 Black Widow PSA III
Clark Longbow

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Wow what a sweet looking bow. I'm all for true finds where the least likely turns hero. Guess always pull for the underdog. So with this bow. If you;re stacking arrows, just write whatever name you want on the side. Sorry I can't help.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
Beautiful looking bow. Good look woods in the riser and great looking snake skins on the limbs.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
Stop it! I'm drooling even though it's wrong side out! Sorry I can't help in any way, but that is an awesome bow.   :jumper:      :archer2:
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline Beanbag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
Disease isn't it LOL JG

Offline CavScoutArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »
Pretty Bow! Wish I could help with some info on it but its unknown to me. Congrats!
United States Army 2007-Current

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke

Offline stickem1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 02:18:00 AM »
Nice looking bow. Never heard of it though.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:28:00 AM »
Nice bow!

Try typing the name, "Cochise Warrior?" in the title of a thread in the Powow section and more people will see it. Then ask if anyone knows anything about it.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »
I don't know anything about that bow but welcome to the addiction!  If you have sworn off the big shoots then you really don't want to come to NCTAC Memorial Day weekend in Hickory.  All the information is on our  website  but don't you look!
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 06:16:00 AM »
I'm no expert but it sorta looks like a Samick.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
Good looking bow Bud! How was the shoot, I didn't get to make it?

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by ckanous:
Good looking bow Bud! How was the shoot, I didn't get to make it?
The shoot was great! The targets were set up more like what you'd have while hunting. The first station was a javelina (sp?) that the vitls were between two downed pines. Shoot thru the 8" opening and the good hit was almost  guarantee.

Definitely going back for the next one as long as I'm not working.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by ishoot4thrills:
Nice bow!

Try typing the name, "Cochise Warrior?" in the title of a thread in the Powow section and more people will see it. Then ask if anyone knows anything about it.
Done!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »
If any of you trad guys or gals know Roger Abernathy up around Hickory way, pass along a huge thank you to him for me. He says he isn't on tradgang   :(   I think he might be active in that group around there though. He was talking about the big shoot in Hickory. Gotta leave the cash and checkbook at home next time   ;)

Offline LH Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Bud B.,
 I'm the guy who suggested that you buy that Bow. If it were a tad lighter, I could have saved you from yourself! Nice Bow at a real good price ( the skins really set it off!)
 Roger, who I also had first met, and I were talkin' Bows as you were walkin' away. You must have this addiction BAD (LOL), 'cause you were totin' 3 Bows (yours & 2 more). He told me that he made you a "package deal" on both the lefties on his table.
 Good luck with your Bow(s) & the wife! I'm happy to see she ain't "killed" ya (yet)!! Hope to see you again at Sissapahaw when I'm down next spring!
                                      Keith
If this was easy, everyone would be doin' it!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Yeah Keith, when I saw you with it I thought, "Oh no. I lost it."

Nice meeting you.

The other bow is going to Afghanistan as soon as I can find a box to package it up in. It's nice too, but those guys and gals could use it to have a little taste of trad home while over there protecting our hiney's from those that hate us.

Look forward to seeing you next spring!

Bud

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Bud don't forget to leave your credit cards and debit cards behind or you may end up with alarger stable of bows,just remembering some of my downfalls.  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
GOOD LOOKING BOW,,,
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©