3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Newbie Mistakes  (Read 507 times)

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Newbie Mistakes
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
My advice is to hold onto the bow until you have 100 posts here and sell it here. I'd also buy a left hand bow around 45# or so and learn to shoot with your dominant eye. You will be happier in the long run. You can look for used bows in the classified here and be comforted that the sellers are upstanding members and won't take advantage of you.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
I also recommend you not try and dump the bow on CL.  You may even work out a good trade once you have enough posts to use the classifieds. You could build that up in a day or 3.  

You may develop bad habits if you continue to force yourself on the bow.  I dont think this mistake needs to be as costly as you think, and you can learn something too.

Welcome to the Gang and ask as many questions as possible. Also, Make good use of the search function you can research age old questions.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline reddust

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Yea get a used left-hand bow in a weight you think is right for you,e-bay has lots of used bows,you can find some good deals.Just stick with it,Traditional archery is kind of a never ending journey.
michael schingeck

Offline rover brewer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
are you shooting with both eyes open,and if you want to sell the bow you can right here and might find a used one at the poundage you want.
john 3:16

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Great advice from many.  I would say that switchng to lefty would serve you better in the long run, and I don't think it will take that long to develop good muscle memory.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Click on the "NEW TO TRAD ARCHERY" on the top right of this page. Welcome to Tradgang
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline tradbowbrian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
I am also new to trad archery. I bought a rt hand bow to later learn I'm left eye dominant. I was pretty upset at first but also learned I Shoot instinctively so dominant eye doesn't really matter too much. Keep practicing and your groups will improve. I may buy a lefty bow next to try but am doing well rt handed now

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »
Hey, at 260 bucks you did exceptionally well.

If you go into the Outdoor World store we have near Calgary they will want $569 for one of those puppies.

At that price I would hang on to that bow. You will eventually learn to shoot it well enough. I tell people who say something does not work for them to come back to me after they have shot a thousand arrows that way and then tell me it does not work.

I just had a perfect example this weekend of an advantage of shooting both ways. One of the young fellows I was training got to the point where the fingers on his right draw hand were sore, so by switching to lefty he could continue to shoot some.

It was pretty hilarious actually. He picked up one of my lefty bows and after a few shots decided he did not like it. So he grabbed another bow and tried it. He was back holding it in his left hand and looking at it kind of puzzled. At that point I informed him he had picked up the only other lefty there and he decided he was gonna shoot it right handed. I told him that there was no way he could shoot it right handed to which he replied "You been telling us all along there is no such thing as can't in traditional archery" and he proceeded, with considerable difficulty, to launch an arrow right handed.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©