3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who pre-ordered their KUIU this week?  (Read 980 times)

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Who pre-ordered their KUIU this week?
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
Curious as to who is buying what. I ordered a pair of Attack pants and the Guide Jacket. Already have high quality merino base layers.

Wish they had some sort of lighter top for warmer weather to go with the Attack pant.

Should be fun! Can't wait for the KUIU to arrive.....
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who pre-ordered their KUIU this week?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:57:00 AM »
I ordered the same plus the 185 base.  I would like to see a lightweight top.  Maybe I should have ordered a vest too...   :help:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
I am gonna push the button in a few minutes.  Am having trouble deciding on items, camo ?   Brown ?  Grey ?   vest ?  rain gear ?  

Goodness, i already have everything i need but it looks so good.  

Well, i guess i will just have to stop buying bows.  Oh man, now i have to go check the classifieds.   I'm a mess.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline memo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »
Yeah,
Just ordered my gear then, Vest and merino top/beanie. Can't wait to get them.
Memo

Online CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 07:34:00 AM »
Yep, I am on the band wagon. I ordered guide jacket, pants and the spindrift insulating layer, and a cool cigar ball cap! I can't wait till season starts!!

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Ordered the complete system. Chose to go with the rain gear over the Guide jacket and attack pants. What's everyone's opinion about this camo pattern for treestand hunting whitetails? Merely looking for your thoughts here, not throwing stones by any means  :)
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
Have to wait until tomorrow........."my day".  Still torn as to what else to drop the hammer on beside the vest and beanie.

I think that camo will be great in a treestand!

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
Yeah just ordered the attack pant and two merino tops.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by limbow:
What's everyone's opinion about this camo pattern for treestand hunting whitetails? Merely looking for your thoughts here, not throwing stones by any means   :)  
It works great, the light/dark contrast is great for treestand hunting as well as on the ground...
•  

•  

I think you'll find it works great...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Ordered the guide beanie, merino 185 beanie and the Kuiu cap. Would have liked to ordered more but......
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by limbow:
Ordered the complete system. Chose to go with the rain gear over the Guide jacket and attack pants. What's everyone's opinion about this camo pattern for treestand hunting whitetails? Merely looking for your thoughts here, not throwing stones by any means   :)  
It would probably work great in the skyline treestand, but down in a low light hollow hard to say.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
I am very interested in their line of Outerwear Hunting clothes but am holding off to hear what people think of it once they get it. I bought the complete line of Sitka Gear when it first came out but only after a guarantee from them that I could return it if I did not like it. Has anyone actually felt the fabric? When reading the info on it, it sure sounds really good but I am wondering how it feels against the skin. I would really like to see and touch it before I buy it.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »
Ordered the full set yesterday, minus the raingear and pack.  Hoping to put it to the test this Sept. chasing elk.  As far as the camo pattern it was a huge plus for me when I saw the Vias camo because I'm primarily a treestand hunter and that's where the open/contrast patterns really shine.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
I'm with Curt on this one concerning the open Vias pattern. He obviously used it with good results out at Lambshead in West TX. All over TX the pattern should be deadly. Jason's blog has some great photos from the human perspective. I mix my Sitka patterns with good results, but at multiple ranges the Vias might be a great all around, plus DWR and super light. I am on the ground more anyway.

I'll likely sell off my redundant Sitka, except for the Incinerators for serious cold and wet.

What sold me finally are the technical details of the clothing, and effort put into quality of manufacture. I notice price versus construction job and fabric choices Jason made, and let's not forget the pricing structure/online store. Bottom line JH @ KUIU is running a startup business and I will support him. I know how hard it is when you are wearing all the hats and trying to be successful.

Say no to Corporate Camo!
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
i bought my new undies! one set of 185 and one set of 285. going to test them moose hunting this fall in Alberta!
Make a life, not a living

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
My day is tomorrow.   i am looking at some 40-80degree outfit to hunt in Ms...any suggestions for AZ Elk? sept also?>  What i would like to do is get rid of all my camo cotton and everything and have 2 sets of hunting clothes. Do they make i light camo top with pants.  I am registerd ,how do i view before my time?

Do have to prepay? if so i better get to makin some more turky calls
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
For anyone who has questions about pre-shopping, please feel free to contact KUIU by emailing them at [email protected].  You may also call them at 855-367-5848.  KUIU is built on customer service so please don't hesitate to contact them.

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
My day to pre-order is tomorrow 3/25 and after reading more on the website and this post I am going to bite the bullet and order the outerwear and maybe the pack frame then wait for the camo packs to come out. Wish they would come out with a cargo attachment for the pack!!
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Joebuck, The attack pants look like they would be great for warm weather.  As for a top, the merino 185 zip top by itself is what I'm planning on for warmer weather.  During the preshop period you won't have access to the online store until your assigned day.  To view the items and a review you'll have to go back through the blog where there is a review of each item.  And like Ryan said if you have specific questions call that customer service number, you'll speak with Eric who helped me out yesterday.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
You can access the online store by clicking on the link in the original preshop email.  It will show the items as out of stock but you can still review them and plan your purchase.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©