3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stu's calculator  (Read 809 times)

Offline Stephen Claypool

• Trad Bowhunter
stu's calculator
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Can anyone help me w/ this. Ive tried downloading it to my computer but im not able to type in any of m own numbers. Im trying ti build some easton fmj's and would like to get my numbers close so i know what spine shaft to buy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Light travels faster than sound. Thats why some people appear intelligent, until you hear them speak.

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: stu's calculator
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
Stephen, I think people on the *********** know Stu's better.  He post there on a regular basis.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
I use it frequently. When you click on the link for Stu's Calculator it will take a minute to load and come up as a live link. I don't think you can download this program so you can work on it without being connected to the website and on the internet.

Some of the boxes have dropdown arrows like Arrow shaft size, bow type, feather, strike plate thickness, string material type. Click on the arrow and choose the closest to your set up. For the other boxes, highlight the information in them and delete it and type in your specs in decimals where called for.

Use the Rev 12/25/10 revised 2/14/11 (v2). It's pretty easy to use and I'd advise reading the instructions first.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Stephen Claypool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:00 AM »
typing in the boxes w/o the drop downs is where im having trouble. I click in the box and hit del or backspace and it does nothing. Wont let me type anything in either.
Light travels faster than sound. Thats why some people appear intelligent, until you hear them speak.

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 02:31:00 AM »
Try, just clicking on a box & type in your number, than click on the next box..an so on... works for me.  I don't use the delete button at all... good luck

Online Cocklebur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
I click on the box and then hit the backspace and either type in the info or click on the drop down box. Hope this helps.

Offline Stephen Claypool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
Ive tried all those things. Something isnt right, Thanks for the help though.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
When it ask you to"open" or "save" you have to save it to your computer, then you can open it with Excel like any other spreadsheet, I have 3 different verision on my computer.

Eric

Offline Chaz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
heck - he is so nice of a guy I just always ask him and he crunches the numbers for me.....wish my computer would let me download it!
Love God, love your neighbor!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
I would delete the one you downloaded and download a new version.  You have to have excel for it to work I believe.  If you are a mac user you will  have possibly have issues.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Do you have excel on your computer, it is needed. if you have a Mac you will need office for mac, it has excel in it and again excel is needed.

Its is a direct download to your computer
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Stu's program will also work with the free "Open Office" program. It's what I use on my Windows 7 computer. I'm not sure if Open Office has a Mac version.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Stephen Claypool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
I dont have a mac. Its a toshiba laptop. Not really sure if i have excell or not. It never asks me if i want to open or save it. I just lick on the link and it opens up. Really confused here. Wish i would have taken some computer classes.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
It might be in "read only" format. That's what it did to me when I switched from XP to Windows 7. You may have to go into it's properties and uncheck that. Then you'll be able to play with it.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Stephen Claypool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Im not getting anywhere. Would anyone be willing to run the numbers for me?

Offline bsv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
I have a trial version of office and it would not work. My wife has full verison and it works great.Burt
R/D's soon to come

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stephen Claypool:
Im not getting anywhere. Would anyone be willing to run the numbers for me?
Post up all your info and im sure some one will run them for you.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Stephen Claypool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
If anyone is interested in helping me i have my info together. I hate to be a pain in the butt and i hate to have to ask for help. I really want to get these arrows built and dont know if i should buy.400 spine,340 spine or 500 spine.

Arrow-easton fmj .400 i think will be best.

bop- at least 29"

tip weight- 150gr

insert-no

footing-100gr

nock end weight-18gr

fletch- 3x5"

bow type- generic recurve

labeled weight-48#

labeled draw=28"

my draw 28"

string material-fast flight 14 strand.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Here you go buddy:

I made one assumption: since you did no mention how much centercut your bow is, I chose the standard value for traditional recurves: -1/8 inclusive strikeplate.

Hope this helps!

If not.... shoot!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Let me know!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©