3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Setting up Buffulo Bow ?  (Read 193 times)

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
Setting up Buffulo Bow ?
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Just got a used Buffolo bow -had string leaches,padded string ends,felt on limb tips- but was soooo loud.Brace was 7 1/2 in.  Raised brace heigth to 8 1/4 inches and it is very quiet. Anyone else have experience silencing these bows? Now it is quiet and fast. Smooth. Thanks , Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Setting up Buffulo Bow ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
Not set up a buffalo bow but I suspect they are not much different than any other.  Sometimes adjusting things to fit the current shooter will make all the difference.  The prior owner may have shot heavy arrows, released differently, anchored differently..etc all affecting the perceived loudness of the bow.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Helped a friend set up a Hoyt buffalo a couple month ago. It was braced at 7 3/4 and shooting ~10.5 gpp. The bow noise was not bad.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Set up one with 2 set of limbs Brace height right at 8  wool silencers pair of limb savers  felt on tips shooting 10 grains per inch   very quiet
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
Shot a store demo, no fuzzys on the string braced at 8", and it was relatively quiet considering it was a bare bow. I'd imagine with some basic silencers on it and tweaking the BH it'd be hunt ready.

Pretty sweet bow too - I really liked the grip over the old GM grip.

:thumbsup:
Support the sport!

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Thanks for the advice. This is a well designed bow. Not as pretty as my Hummingbirds , but can transport daily in the case without worry of scratching or damaging limbs. Is quiet now. Thanks , Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©