3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broadhead question  (Read 225 times)

Online dixiearcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead question
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
I am going to buy some 2-blade, 145 grain broadheads...I am looking at some 145 STOS Broadheads. Any input on these or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
Preach the gospel, die, and be forgotten
-Count von Zinzendorf

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
No matter how excellent a BH is, much depends on your complete set-up and what you are planning to hunt.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
I have used the STOS 145 grain and it's a great broadhead. It's very strong, the tips don't curl, easy to sharpen, aligns easy to a long glue on broadhead adapter (spin test) and they fly true.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
The above comment about the overall setup is spot on. That being said I have used STOS heads a lot and they are a great BH.

Online dixiearcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
well I will only be hunting turkey and deer with these...my arrows are set up now with 145 field tips and shoot great!
Preach the gospel, die, and be forgotten
-Count von Zinzendorf

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
I just picked up a dozen Stos last month and haven't put one into an animal yet.  I do like the way they sharpen and fly, and the construction is first rate.  Magnus used to make them and now the same equipment is turning them out in Texas.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:36:00 AM »
Ok, I'll bite on this BH suggestion thing. I LOVE my Tusker Concordes. They are a 145 grain LW single bevel. So far they've brought home the bacon X2, haven't got to deer or turkey hunt with them yet, but I'm sure they WILL do the job, as long as I do mine. I have never shot the STO's but have heard great things about them. Good luck in your search for your 145 grain BH's.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
I also like STOS, but as a turkey head, I use a three blade.  With a two blade head you have maybe 25% chance of the not cutting a spine or neck that a 3 blade would cut.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
The STOS is a good choice.  I've also had good luck with Eclipse--a bit harder to sharpen, but the edge really lasts.

Offline flyfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Stos heads are an extremely well made head. The bevels from factory at 25 degrees are true and easily sharpen. Durability is as good as anything available and they fly great. I am ordering more soon.
Ron A        

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
         ~Sitting Bull

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Don't overlook the Ace Standard.  IMHO the best 2 blade, double bevel broadhead out there (all things considered).It comes in that weight also.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©