3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Knee boots ?  (Read 418 times)

Offline Jeffh67

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Knee boots ?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Muck Boots are great!  The ones that look like them but are cheaper, not so good.
"What will be, will be"

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
The waterproof part of snakeboots don't seem to hold up long around here. The first year they are waterproof, the second year...not so much.lol

We normally just make sure the water has a way to get back out after it gets in. But then again, we wear them on account of them shoulderless boys.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Forget the Mucks and buy a comfortable boot -Lacrosse. I have both and use the Mucks to tree stand hunt only because they are not as comfortable to walk in.

Jack
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I read up on Kenetrek pac boots, look and sound good. Might give them a try. Have had Lacross Alphas for quite a few years. Hunted with them, no real issues, not real warm in the low 20's and below. I poked some holes in them while cutting shooting lanes in a cedar swamp, patched up fine. Have been using them hard for at least 8 years. I will keep using them for working, I'm thinking about the kenetreks for hunting. Anyone else use the Pac boots from Kenetrek?
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by BWD:
The waterproof part of snakeboots don't seem to hold up long around here. The first year they are waterproof, the second year...not so much.lol

We normally just make sure the water has a way to get back out after it gets in. But then again, we wear them on account of them shoulderless boys.
I waterproof mine every 6 months or so.. not that we got that much water, but it also keeps them clean...
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
There are several knee high, ankle-fit makers out there. I've had a pair of LaCrosse for oh... 20 yrs. About wore the tread (tractor style) off them, but they work. Bought another pair of the air-bob sole insulated.

Hard to get off when sweated and side-hilling can be a trip without laces, but I never worry about "wet".
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
BOG boots from the farm store. Neoprene and warm. Wear like sneakers.
 White's pacs are pretty nice, too.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline ronnyg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
I bought a pair of muck boots 2 seasons ago and after two years of hard hunting, they are in great shape.  Very comfortable and warm too.  Actually the only boots that have consistantly kept my toes from freezing on a  cold morning up a tree.  The only boot I will buy from now on.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
Xtratuffs for me also.  I walk the dogs at least a mile every day, wore my last pair for that for 4 years and know that I got over 1000 miles on them before they cracked.  They have an excellent, non-slip sole, better than anything else I used on the slimy rocks in SE Alaska.

Offline Tracks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
I own muck boots and xtra tuffs. I prefer the xtra tuffs for hunting, because I find them to be quieter and I find that the soles grip better than the muck boots.
Even though it seems like no one out side of AK uses xtra tuffs, I think the company is actually based in WI.

Offline Tomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
If you are near the Richfield Cabela's Mucks are on sale there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©