3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Northern or Kanati Quiver  (Read 457 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Northern or Kanati Quiver
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
Ranger,
I will remenmber that and place something betwen if neccessary.  I placed an order for a Kanati today!

Thanks all!

Offline Jordan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
Another vote for Great Northern.  Lighter than most two piece quivers I have and simple to remove.  No allen wrenches needed or anything.  Often times I will remove the quiver once I am in my tree stand to eliminate some unecessary movement.

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
i put the kanati pro angle slim jim on my 66" newwood the balance and arrow holding ability is solid . idid abuse the stuff and no rattle or lose arrows and for late season the kanati went on  the A&H using limb bolt mounts there solidly

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
They are both well made quivers, I have a Greatnorthern that has been on the same Pronghorn LB for 14 years.

I like the Greatnortherns a lot they are well made and light weight.

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
I have always been a great northern user but I really like the looks of the Kanati, I like the name too  :D  Last week I ordered myself a new limb bolt model to try out. It sure looks good in the pictures, now I just need to get my bow built.

Offline DTD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
Charlie,

I have a Great Northern and a Kanati Pro Quiver (2 piece) and the Kanati is a lot more solid on my bows. The quality is excellent.

Doug

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
I have the Kanati Slim Jim (using the Pro mount) and I love it. I carried my hunting arrows in it last season and it was just what I'd been looking for (for a long time). As you said it is hard to beat John Dill to deal with, and I can carry my BHs during 3D season/practice also, so I shoot with everything the same as when I'm hunting. I carry my target arrows in a back or hip quiver when shooting 3D anyway. Just a thought to consider - but Kanati would always be my choice no matter which model.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stickem1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
I really like my gn adjustable. Very quiet and does not move on the bow at all.

Offline Jaybird9319

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
I'm not familiar with the Kanati but have used GN quivers for years now and like them a lot. I tried a quick detach a few years ago on my take down but still just go back to the strap-on. It's just too simple and easy in my opinion. While hunting, the only time I take it off is when on the ground and expecting close encounters. The rationale there is to minimize movement only, nothing to do with noise.

One thing about the straps, if left on the bow for long periods of time they might dull the finish of the bow. It happened to me a number of years ago. From September to December my quiver only comes off during longer travels to hunting spots. Its basically on the bow for 3-4 months.  To protect the finish on the bow I use mole skin and cut 3/4" strips and apply that to the bow where the straps attach. I get repeatable quiver placement on the bow with this. Not sure if it makes much difference, just something I've always done. I always try to get the same balance point that the bare bow has in the grip region with a quiver full of arrows attached.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
I have Kanati and GN quivers. The GN is fine, but the Kanati is far better (I have the strap-on version). Another great option is the Eagle Flight Archery (EFA) quiver, especially with the Totem system that makes it a one piece quiver. The EFA is lighter weight than the other two. You could not go wrong with either the Kanati or the EFA, and they are made by terrific guys who are sponsors here, John Dill (Kanati) and Don Ward (EFA).

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
the angle quiver is a great design, very solid. we havent had any straps wear out yet. they are super simple to remove, takes less than a minute. they dont mar your bow's finish, and john can tailor your quiver to your bow with a great variety of leather colors and finishes, not to mention other options.
here's my dad's angle monted on his phenolic Bob lee

Kanati all the way   :archer2:
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
I have the great northern and the kanati strap on and both are great. I use them both and like them both very much. You cannot go wrong with either.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
I can't wat to see my new quiver. John said it might take a few extra days so I gotta be a bit patient! I ordered the one piece angle limb bolt. Hopefully it will be on my bow Wednesday or Thursday.

:bigsmyl:

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
Great Northern quick detach on evry bow I hunt with. I tried several others (not the Kanati though) and have always ended up selling them and going back to the GN. There is foam in the hood. The rubber or plastic piecs is about 1/8" thick and glued to the foam. I have one that is at least 12yrs old and just replaced the foam this year.

Bisch

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
charlie,
good move on the kanati! John's quivers are in a class of their own
enjoy...  :archer2:
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 05:31:00 AM »
Good choice, I can't imagine that you won't be very pleased with it. Welcome to the growing family of happy Kanati quiver supporters.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©