3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Reworked and refinished my Mohawk  (Read 292 times)

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reworked and refinished my Mohawk
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by tradlongbow:

Originally posted by JParanee:
very nice job what if I may ask was the final finish
JP-

It was a real learning experience for me, I have building arrows for 20 years but never tackled a bow.

I used 220 grit sand paper to remove the finish and shape the grip. Than I used 320 grit to smooth it out. Vince recommended Deft satin int./ext. poly spray in the can. The Deft looks just like Fullerplast when applied. The Deft is easy to apply, just use thin coats(I did 3). I did have a spot that went on heavy, and it created an orange peal look. I used some 2000 grit sand paper and reapplied some poly in that area.

I won't think twice next time I need to make adjustments to a bow or want to refinish one.

Darren [/b]
Thank you for the response    i have used that prouduct myself on other projects and liked the results.

I am suprised that the finish does not crack whe the limbs are flexed      Great job
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©