3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dura Glove or Super Glove?  (Read 314 times)

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Dura Glove or Super Glove?
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Needing a little help on a new glove.  I have shot Damascus for sooooooo long I'm afraid of anything else, but need something a little heavier of beefier in the fingers.  I don't want to forfeit the "string feel" I get from my Damascus and don't care for the more "traditional" design free finger gloves.  
Unsure about the feel of the Cordura on the Dura Glove....
Any descriptions of feel and durability of these gloves would be apprecaiated.
Mike
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura Glove or Super Glove?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Love the Dura Glove.  Love the way the string slides over the cordura; much less friction than leather.  I get just the amount of string feel I want for bows of 45-55#.  More than 55# and I tend to want to use the American Leathers glove.  The Dura Glove is the best glove I've used so far by any test: price, feel, durability.  I think the life of the Dura Glove would be similar to the life of the Damascus gloves you've been using.  I buy them so they fit a little tight at first, and they stretch to fit my fingers after a hundred shots or so.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
I have used the super glove for the last few years.This year I got a Dura glove and am pleasantly suprised.It was a perfect fit a little tighter than my last super of the same size.The release is great as good as cordovan tips.I hunt in a plmatto swamp and sometimes rough going no threads have pulled out yet.Price as you know is about the same.I like it as much as the super glove so far after one season.Kip

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Mike....the Dura glove when broken in will most likely fit the bill and have a very similiar feel to your Damascus glove, but a touch thicker. It should be an easy transition for you.  

The super glove is thicker and like all cordovan breaks in very nicely but it will always provide your fingers with more protection.  It will take some getting use to if you compare it to what you're currently shooting.

I agree with Kip the Dura glove runs a bit smaller.  As with any glove you may want to find a shop or a shoot so you can try them on before you buy them.  The seams and fit are always a little different on each glove.

Tim

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Last September while shooting a 3D round I managed to lose my Bateman tab. A friend and I looked for awhile and could not find it. Well an other fella told me that he had a spare glove in his truck and I was welcomed to use it. It was a Dura glove and with it I shot the last 15 targets better than ever. As McDave said the feel with the glove is excellent and the string just releases so cleanly. When I got home I called and ordered 2 for myself and have since shot nothing else. I had used a tab for 15 yrs.

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
I've been using a Duraglove for about 3 years since switching from a Damascus and much prefer the Duraglove.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline postman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Have both and like the Duraglove the best. Just ordered another for backup. Used a tab for 25yrs, then tried  a super glove, went back to tab, then tried a Duraglove and gave all my tabs away. Best glove on market.

Offline Randy Koleno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
Another Dura-Glove fan here. I never tried the Super Glove though. I bought a Dura-Glove and liked it instantly. I ordered a spare and got one for xmas from one of my sisters-in-law about three years ago (wrong hand though). The only problem I found is that I haven't wore out my original one yet (about five years) and I have trouble keeping track of my spares. :')

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
I have used both and gave the dura glove away. I can get 3 years or better out of a super glove. The dura glove was coming apart after a couple weeks.

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
The Dura glove is great,just the right amount of string feel, and a slick release.I shoot alot and mine shows very little wear after three years.I'll buy another when this one wears out.
Leland

Offline woodbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
dura glove deffinitly. its hands down best glove ive ever shot with. took me three years to wear the first one out.

Offline Ladams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
The dura glove gets my vote
Soverign balistick 62"62#@28
Soverign balistick 62"60#@28
Krewson Snakey Osage 64" 52#@28
Seven lakes longbow 64" 59#@28
Moab 62"58#@28"
Big Jim thunderchild 58" 50@28"

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
I'm on my 2nd Dura Glove in about four years, and I shoot a lot. They seem to last me over twice as long as a leather glove. If I wouldn't use brass nocks they would never wear out.

I burn off the frays with a lighter as needed. It helps them last longer.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
You'll like the Dura-Glove and it fits your criteria perfectly.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
DuraGlove I had was poorly made and the fingers didn't fit properly. I'll take the SuperGlove! It has held consistent quality and fit.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
SuperGlove   :thumbsup:
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Super Glove $35, Dura-Glove $25...I bet I know which way he goes. Mike is kinda tight. He washes and hangs his dental floss up to dry so he can use it next month.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
The super glove for heavier bows, I shoot 46# and like to feel the string so I go with the dura glove.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
I got my first Dura Glove last May. I always liked a Damascus or a Berlin Deerskin but they wear out too quick for me.

I really like the Dura Glove. I like to feel the string and with it's durability I'd say it's the best glove I've owned in 40+ years of shooting a stickbow.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Sounds like I'm gonna give the Dura Glove a try!  I wear a Large in Damascus as I like a snug fitting glove...I have a brand new XL never worn that is too large for  me.  I'm guessing I'll give a Large Dura Glove a try!  Thank you guys soo much!
Mike
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©