3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel's in New York  (Read 506 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel's in New York
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Looks like I'll be heading up for a few hours to visit. It'll be worth the 3 hrs up and 3 hrs back!

Sadly, Cade won't be going with me,and getting his wildlife lesson    :(  

He's still sick and his grandma that he doesn't see to often is up from FL.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Got to talk to Barry at the Ohio Deer and Turkey expo last week or the week before. The pig story was good, but the birds and bees? Wow....could be a good one!

Or are Barry and Gene giving lessons on stalking birds and bees now? When is bee season?

Hope everyone feels better and you can get over there Curt. Sure would be a hoot.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by lpcjon2:
Wensel's in New York!!    :scared:    DJ easy Gene and Bad boy Barry are gonna tear up the clubs. "P" Diddy better watch out!
:laughing:

Online Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
Barry,

Maybe you could send Cade an autographed copy of the flier for your bino-strap.  That nice lady that shows how to wear it could serve as the beginning reference for your "talk" later on!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »
Safe trip Curt. Post some pix when you get back..Family first..

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
Curt, don't worry about Cade's little talk-bring him on down here next year and I'll pass on what the twins taught me. No problem.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
As always the Twins put on a good talk and had everyone laughing. It's amazing how they can entertain and still get the point acroos to the crowd. A great time........Saw a few Trad-Gang members there also!!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Good for you Curt , any time spent with the Wensel"s is quality time , sorry Cade is under the weatther and hope he gets well soon , I know what you mean about them not seeing the Grandparents often as I'm on the other end of the equation now .
    I'm not sure of Marty's offer as somethings get lost in translation , sorry Marty , you're still my Hero , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Hawkeye, that "nice lady" you're referring to, if it's the one that's modeling Barry's Monostrap on his promotional literature, is one of my models.  Her name is "Mandy".  She's a farm girl, hunter, and all-around good "Kentucky Gal".  I shot all of the photos of her wearing the monostrap and BOTB caps for the Wensel's website.  Sorry boys, she's married with two youngins and one more on the way!
Gary Logsdon

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Just returned from NYBA banquet last night and wanted to say thank you to all who attended. Guru showed up minus Cade, I'm sure because he didn't want Gene and I to get carried away with the birds and the bees thing yet. Ha. Curt is a pretty humble guy. Before he arrived I was admiring a beautiful shoulder mount of a great 5x5 when I was told Guru mounted the buck. I was impressed. When Curt showed up I complimented him on it and he casually mentioned he won the national taxidermy competition TWICE but only does work part time. The man is good, in fact he's excellent! If he ever offers to mount a buck for you don't hesitate. I'd let him mount one of mine any day. He's that good. Thanks for all you contribute to our sport and maintaining the traditons Guru. Take a bow.. a bow.. not a bow! Uncle Barry

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Smooth job Curt with the ole 'Cade's sick and grandma's in town thing' to gracefully avoid an education that no parent could probably undo with a lifetime of therapy.  That there get's protective father of the year nominee.    ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Had a great time seeing everyone at the banquet. Great job to all who put in so much work.

Nice to see you Curt and Barry looked very close at the work you did on my son's deer. As he said in an earlier post..excellent work. A piece of art.

Barry it was great talking to you and thanks for giving me a great visual on aging!  :)

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
I remember a story about Gene getting in trouble for teaching a young man to pull his finger.  His teacher wanted to know where he learned that. lol

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
Ya know it's still hard for me to get it onto my head that I'm actually friends with Gene and Barry Wensel!

I know Marty...they're just one of us...but still...it's different for me...

It's still hard for me not to be "star struck" when I'm around them.

As a guy that grew up in traditional archery....and for lack of a better term...."idolizing" Gene and Barry through their writing and video's...After all the years of admiring them for all they've accomplished, and all they've done for "our" sport.

I'm now one of their friends...it's truly hard for me to put that into words!

You guys, to me, have always been the "rock stars" of traditional bowhunting, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Thank you so much for all you've enriched my life with, what I've learned from you, and for just being "who you are"!

As far as mounting a deer for you guys...it would be an honor to have one of my mounts among your "treasures"...
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Curt: Aw.. shucks...but thanks. By the way, I wasn't asking you for a new mount. But maybe I'll take you up on one someday. Ha. Meanwhile, go wake up Cade and give him a spanking. You know he'll probably deserve one in the next few years and you should do it before he can pin you. UB

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
I know ya weren't asking uncle B, I was just sayin' that it would be cool to do one for ya...

As far as Cade, you're right,it won't be long!

Hopefully in a few years Cade and I will be Pig Piggin' with you two....you do still "owe" me a day of hunting together       ;)    :campfire:
Curt } >>--->   

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©