3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broke Out An Old Brakenbury The Other Day  (Read 288 times)

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
Broke Out An Old Brakenbury The Other Day
« on: April 01, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
The other day a friend gave me some great antler limb knobs

I have a signed  Shadow  by Jim I have not shot in maybe 15 years

I put a new string on my new antler Knobs and a pair of Apache wool silence in a few minutes was wacking arrows together

Really like the Antler knobs on this bow

Great old bow and I am glad I took it off the rack

****please no pix wider than 640 pixels*****

sorry resized pics
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broke Out An Old Brakenbury The Other Day
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Good for you.
The old Brackenbury bows are really fine bows even compared to todays bows.
I had one in the 80's that I had to sell I bought it about 20#'s to heavy thinking I could work into it!!!!

John

Online CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Sold mine, and I want it back!   :knothead:    :banghead:

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
everytime I resize the pic in photo bucket it comes up and then switches back to the larger size cant figure it out
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Here i will try again

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
Mods now they are the right size but if they jump back it is not me and i am sorry i will delete if they do   thanks

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
they where the right size and i logged off.

when I came back they where big again

I quit

sorry folks pretty bow wish i could show ya all

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »

Here are your pictures resized.
   How to manually resize pictures

And the above link will tell you how to resize pictures manually.  Be SURE you are "replacing original" after applying changes & then reposting that picture.  The easiest way is to go ahead and set your account to automatically resize them for you when they are uploaded.  PM me if i can help you out...hope this helps.   :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
That's a beautiful bow.   :)  I love the green limbs and riser. It reminds me of the bows now built by Wes Wallace.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by rastaman:

Here are your pictures resized.
   How to manually resize pictures

And the above link will tell you how to resize pictures manually.  Be SURE you are "replacing original" after applying changes & then reposting that picture.  The easiest way is to go ahead and set your account to automatically resize them for you when they are uploaded.  PM me if i can help you out...hope this helps.    :wavey:  
Thank you so much  That was very kind of you and thanks everyone for the nice comments  

Very nice people around here

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Very nice looking bow!

Offline John E.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
Your bow is a beauty and it looks like its been well cared for. Yeah, Jim's bows give up very little, if any, to the current crop of (excellent) bows being crafted by today's bowyers.  Wes Wallace's association with Jim goes way back prior to Jim's sad and untimely death, and its no surprise that his bows reflect Jim Brackenbury's influence.  I have managed to hold onto several of both Jim's and Wes' bows and try to regularly give them a workout.  Nice to see others feel the same way.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
Nice bow!They sure shoot sweet.Excellant design on those Brack limbs.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
It's a beauty!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
Yes it is.I am been looking for Jim's bows for decads and just recently decided to order one.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ozzyshane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
very nice thanks for posting Shane

Offline KPaul

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
I have a Brack shadow thats been hanging on the rack for awhile.Great shooting bows.This thread will make me string it up and shoot it today !
TGMM Family of the Bow

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by KPaul:
I have a Brack shadow thats been hanging on the rack for awhile.Great shooting bows.This thread will make me string it up and shoot it today !
Glad I could help ya blow the dust off it    :)

Would love to see pics of it

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
I have quite a few older Bracks, including two that Jim built for me in 1984 and 1987. They are great bows and virtually the same as the ones Wes Wallace builds. In fact, I am sure that a couple of my old Bracks were made by Wes when he was working for Brackenbury. I did have one Wallace recurve but sold it to a friend who needed it more than I did. I also have given two older Brackenburys to a couple of my best friends. One of them is taking the 64" 75#@31" (his draw length) Drifter I gave him to Australia in June when we hunt Asiatic Buffalo there with Andy Ivy and Mick Baker. Those older Bracks can still do the job and do it as well as just about any bow being made today. That said, I will be taking my 60" 68#@29.5" Super Shrew on the buff hunt, and I prefer the newer Brack designs that Bill Howland has created -- the Quest, Non-Typical and Peerless -- to the older design that Jim created. That is certainly not a slight on Jim who designed his bows almost 30 years ago and produced some of the absolute best shooting bows of their time. Like I said, those older Bracks still hold their own pretty well with any bow built today.

Paul, enjoy your Brack. Try it with a new, custom-made Dacron string from one of the TradGang members who builds great strings if you want to get the most out of it. Just don't use a Fast Flight type string or you will soon be sorry!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
I've had a couple Bracks, a Drifter Gordon made for me, and a plain Jane brown Quest Hunter I got from the auction site.

These were great bows but the one that always caught my eye was the Gray Shadow Jim held on the cover of his old brochure. Man, I had that bow in the back of my mind for almost 20 years!

Lack of funds and fooling around with too many other bows kept me from getting my dream bow. Then, when my job suddenly ended I had this nice check in my hand from my retirement fund. I was 15 years away from retiring so I put a big chunk into a CD, remodeled my house, and put the last of it on a new Brackenbury!

I really liked the way the Quest shot but I still really wanted a Gray Shadow. Bill suggested a compromise. He made me a Quest that looks exactly like a Shadow. Beautiful bow with gray actionwood, purple heart accents, 45# @ 27" x 62" long. Perfect wt to shoot 'til I'm an old fart too. It fits me perfectly and I shoot it better than anything I ever touched.

20 years is a long wait but I finally got my Shadow!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©