3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Abowyer Lg Bonheads for hogs?  (Read 142 times)

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Abowyer Lg Bonheads for hogs?
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
Thinking of giving these a try for hug hunting. Anyone out there have any thoughts on them?

I like 2 blade single bevel heads, but wanted a wider cut for hogs than my grizzly elgrandes that I usually shoot.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Abowyer Lg Bonheads for hogs?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
I was hoping someone would give me a set so I wouldn't have to pay for 'em.I'm sure it would be a fine choice.Pesonally the whitetails caught my attention.They remind me of some heads I used growing up.Think they were built by Pearson.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Whitetails and Large Boneheads are the same width.

Chop....I have shot one hog with them.....even though I prefer multiblades...I wanted to try these and I told Larry H I'd go kill something with his head....and I did 1st trip out.

It was not the perfect shot placement you would want.....but I'm sure glad it was a wide head, cause I got a good blood trail from a not so good bloodtrail hit that I do not believe a narrower head would have yielded.

I shot a hog about the same size the year later with Hope....and I didn't know my arrows wouldn't fly out of Hope till I got to camp.  I then had to use another head with a steal adapter to get good flight, and it was a narrow 2 blade.  I shot that hog in the same place and not a trace of blood.

Yes, both hogs were complete passthroughs.

Large BoneHead Story - Click Here
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Thanks Terry. Great Story!
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©