3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have you ever thought about sending a bow to the Bow Hosipital?...(pics)  (Read 302 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Let me be the first to tell you thats its well worth it..

Its a Ben Pearson Hunter2 52" 37@28.. I sent it to Joe to refinish for my daughter and he hit this one out of the park!  Enjoy the before and after pictures     :thumbsup:    

Before...

After...

"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
nice, looks awesome

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
He really does do nice work.
A guy on another forum needed a bow refinished and I recommended The Bow Hospital. After a phone conversation the bow was sent off. Upon receiving it back the owner couldn't be happier with the work that was done.
If I ever need a bow worked on I know where it will go.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
looks good. i want to send my old bear kodiak out to get fixed up.  few cracks in the riser. just dont know who does this work on bear bows are how much it would run.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the kind words Rick. I hope that bow serves Ashley well for many years to come.  It's always fun to have a chance to work on bows with a special meaning like that one  does.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Sawtoothscream, are you able to email pictures of your bow?  I'd be happy to take a look.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Whip:
Sawtoothscream, are you able to email pictures of your bow?  I'd be happy to take a look.
yup. i can take some pics of the scratched up and cracked areas, their also nial little nail holes in it which annoys me, idk why someone would nail it to thier wall   :(

just looked at your site and wow you do great work, some of those bows were really beat to hell before you fixed them up
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
I've thought of it, but not done it yet. Joe's work looks great and everyone speaks well of it. The pics don't lie. I first need a bow that I really like to be "shined up". That may happen soon as a 67 Bear is on it's way here.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline snow leopard

• Trad Bowhunter
very, very nice!! then again, typical of what you can expect from joe---.    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
"the symbol is not the reality"

compton traditional bowhunters
wisconsin traditional archers

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I sent my old Legend in for a weight reduction and a refinish job.Excellent job.Couldnt be happier with the work done.glen

Offline 6feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
Sure does look like nice work, maybe I will get my 68 super K redone.  Something to think about.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
I've had Joe refinish a bow for me.

He did a great job at a reasonable price, he completed it within the time frame he orginally gave me, and that accounts for a whole bunch in my book.

What more could you ask for?

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
I HATE to sound like a TightWad, but living on a VERY Fixed Income, I am asking about Pricing? I am going to Assume it Varies with each "Patient" and the "Illness" it has.
    With the Volume of Work Whip gets, and the Quantity of Happy Customers I have seen on here, the Prices MUST be Very reasonable.
    Whip does some Awsome Work, as I have seen by the Before & After pictures. I dont have a Bow that Needs "Attention" just yet, but i have a Line on one, a LongBow, dont know much about it, that I just may be contacting You about. IF I can justify the Purchase of said Bow to begin with. I know its 64" and Straight Backed, past that I have yet to actually lay eyes upon it. The description is "Rough Around the Edges, possible "Stress Marks, Blah, Blah, Blah".... Y'all know the Drill.
     I DO know, Joe  would be My Choice.
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN

• Trad Bowhunter
Rick, very nice! Ashley has to be happy?  Joe does awesome work and and one of the coolest people your ever going to meet.
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Joe does a great job at "HOSPITAL". I had a thunder stick 3 that was my favorite bow for many years but fell by the wayside as the years passed be cause of the weight. Joe and Istruck a deal and he took 5# off of it and once again it is my go to. Thanks again Joe.   MIKE
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice work Joe. You just made one young lady very happy. I'm sure she'll be proudly showing it off this summer at the shoots. Way to go, Rick. Now there are TWO archery addicts in your house.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've got an old bear on the way that I plan sending Joe,it's a present for my little brother can't wait to get it and see the results.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I sent Jow a bow to have a weight reduction. He has it now and from everything I have read he does great work.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©