3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Savage Deathmaster  (Read 129 times)

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
Savage Deathmaster
« on: April 02, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
a friend of mine has an orginal savage deathmaster made by Bob Savage, He is considering selling the bow anybody got any ideas about this bow, It is a 60 inch recurve and pretty heavy poundage I think over 70 @ 28  At one time is was considered a top of the line bow and I thnk its pretty much a collector bow now. So if anybody has any tips or idea's about this bow/ let me know.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Savage Deathmaster
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Hey Steve....you can contact Bob himself and ask.   I know a few guys that have original Deathmasters, but most hold them dear for sentimental reasons, and not monetary....but you may run across someone who desires one.  

One thing for sure, you almost never see one come up for sale.   I think I would have him try and sell it through the MBA, TBM, or even PBS to some folks that know Bob personally.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Mark, I won this bow at a membership drive for the MBA in 1981 or so, the 2nd MBA convention in Kalispell, It was a pretty heavy bow 70+ @ 28 so I sold it to a friend of mine and he has had it ever since, The bow has hardly been used and is in very good condition. It is an original made by Bob. There is a guy that asked about it with a PM here on the Tradgang,

Steve

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
I just discovered It is a 62 inch bow and I  was off on the poundage a bit too, 67 @ 28

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
PM Sent.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©