3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Mohawk opinions  (Read 328 times)

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
Mohawk opinions
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
I have read quite a bit on here about Mohawk and my interest has been peaked. I'd like to hear opinions on how they compare to other bows you all have shot. Everyone has been saying they how smooth they are, feel lighter than on draw and such. In looking at the website looks like there are some real good looking veneers and riser combos. If you all have pics I'd like to see them as well. Am thinking about adding one of the Mohawks as a possible next bow. Any information you guys could share would be appreciated.
Aim small miss small

Offline John Whitaker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mohawk opinions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »
They are a really nice shooting bow, light and quick to point. You will most likely be very happy with the look and feel and right now there is at least one on the exchange for sale.
Here are some pics of mine.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
Been doing this Trad Thing for a while now.     :readit:     I have owned and shot alot of bows.   :knothead:   Recurves, hybrids and Traditional D Shape Longbows. Out of all of them Mohawks do it for me. The only bows I shoot now. I own 3 of them. a 62"er and 2- 64"'s [1 is a 2 piece]. Vince makes a great shooting and great looking Bow that a poor working slob [like myself] can afford.     :thumbsup:        :archer:        :archer2:

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
search for and read the reviews, it's all there ... anything else will be just another rehash and there are plenty of those to be found.  

in the final analysis, talk is cheap and opinions are other people's words and feelings - you'll need to shoot a 'hawk for yerself to see what all the hubbub is about.   ;)
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
They are fantastic longbows,  very quiet, forgiving, built very well.  Ive owned a few recently just trying different lenghts, limb materials etc....  Have a 64"  #50 on order.

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
I've shot a lot of bows too. The Mohawks are very nice. However, there are many other bows that perform just as well and are as smooth, quiet and accurate. That said, I have not read anything about them that isn't true. They are great bows at a great price. The one I owned was very nice too, but not any nicer than the 7 Lakes I owned or some of the 3 piece bows I have shot like Rampart and Pronghorn.

You won't go wrong with one. All I am offering is a little balance to the love-fest. I would own one again BTW, without reservation.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
I own one, and will own more. A great shooting bow at a great price. Like mentioned above, one a working man can afford. You won't go wrong.  :thumbsup:

cocobolo riser with red cedar vaneers, with boo inside.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
John, I saw that mohawk last night on the exchange. Not sure I'd want to go to a 64", nice looking bow though.

Rob, I know shooting one is better than asking opinions, but opinions from people that have shot them gives a person more information to go on.

I was thinking of another Hill but looking on here I am including one of the mohawks as maybe another choice. In the same price range as the Hills. Iowa has a traditional shoot in May maybe I will see one up there that I can check out.
Aim small miss small

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Shoot one 1st if at all possible.

May be a match made in heaven. May be a total mismatch. May be all the things you could hope for yet you can't hit diddly wth it.

Mohawks are a bow worthy of their acclaim.

Even great bows still are individualistic.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
I just got mine last monday and love it.  beautiful. pointable, quiet and quick. Only problem ---- Elk season isn't for 4months 3 weeks and 5 days.....
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
I have never heard a bad thing about a Mohawk or the Bowyer Vince.

That tells you enough about the reputation!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
You will not find a finer Bowyer than vince , he always goes the extra mile to make a customer happy . I have had several mohawks and in my opinion they are a very nice bow all the way around . They are a classic D shape longbow and that may not be for you but if it is then I could not think of a better bow  or bowyer to deal with .

Mike
" Live long and prosper "

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
I shot one of bentpoles Mohawks....it was nice. That being said there are a lot of nice ones out there....try every bow you can!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Great bows!! Great price!! And a great guy to deal with  :bigsmyl:  Give Vince a call   :thumbsup:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
I'm thinking if I can get my hands on one ( maybe at the Iowa meet in May) and like it I'd order one instead of another hill. Or atleast those are the two on my list so far lol.
Aim small miss small

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
I'd like to appologize to whoever sent me an email today on this topic. The email was accidentally deleted with junk mail before I read it. Not sure who it was from but I do appologize.
Aim small miss small

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
can someone measure the limb width at the fade outs and then at the limb tips?
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
I`ve not shot a mild r/d longbow that was better.I would recommend one. Fine Longbows.RC

Offline GREASEMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
You'll throw rocks at the Hill Bows if you ever put your hands on a Mohawk!

Zero hand shock,smoooooth drawing and faaaast shooting D bow,not to mention the quality of the design,workmanship and the Boyer!

Just my opinion,but,i'll bet many, many others would say the same thing.

I own three of them and am waiting on a fourth!

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
I tried one once and this is what I ended up with...  ;)  

Lots of good advice here though, try one, I'm pretty confident you'll be glad you did.

Eric.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©