3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1st Annual KY Tradfest  (Read 835 times)

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st Annual KY Tradfest
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
really glad it came off well!!!  We wanted to be there buta family emergency put a end to it this year , but are planning on next year.

Offline ka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Everything really came together at this one!! Looking forward to next year.

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
Looks like a good time! You heading to Clarksville this year?

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »
Well Bryan if you're asking me I'm not sure yet whether or not I'm gonna make it to Clarksville. I am gonna try to make it there and am really gonna try to make Cloverdale, since it's only about 45 minutes from my house. If I do get to CLarksville, TN I'd love to meet you and any other TG'ers there. I've heard the Classic is a great time. I do know that if KTBA has the Tradfest again next year you should really try to make it there...I'll probably be talking about this for a while.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:00 AM »
Where/when is the Cloverdale meet? Kentucky is about as far as I ever plan to travel again in this life so yea, we may meet up there next year if not sooner.

Glad your excited about the Tradfest up your way. I will definitely be adding it to the calender, not sure if gas will still be available next year but I can break and ride mules too, Smiles

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 06:09:00 AM »
Bryan the Tenn. Classic is great, one of the best get togethers I have ever attended, folks will make you feel like you are home. John hope you can make it too.
samuel koger

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
The tradfest was terrific!  I live quite close so it was a commute on Saturday for me.  Arrived (late) by 11:30 and was finished shooting and gawking and on the way home to see my team lose by 3:30PM.

I've grown accustomed to the great target trails and lay-outs. One target was a cougar with part of a white-tail deer in its paws. The moose was life-size -- a high lung hit required a high-horse to retrieve (my shot was below the kill). The trodding caribou was beautiful.  Some of the shots offered a bonus target that was further away. You received 5 bonus points if you shot at this animal. There were some nice big elk, bison, and I'm a sucker for sheep.

I enjoyoed meeting "Ishootforthrills" (Doug) but due to a doc visit that morning, didn't get to shoot with him. I had great fun shooting with wapiti1997 (Joe) and Mrs. Wapiti (Andrea) and KYTJ (Tom).

I meant to buy another glove but totally forgot to.

Now that I've had the front end of June open up for me, I'm hoping to make it back to Cloverdale this year.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
:clapper:  Great Pictures John It was great meeting you and all the great people that stopped by our booth.

If any one did not make it  this year you need to get there in 2012. We will be back!!!
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by bluegrassbowhunter:
I had a "BIG TIME"...Got to hang with Koger & Jeff Roark ,Eric, Kirby & "D" all weekend..as good a fellars as you gonna meet & some darn good shots...
That Koger is something else..I'm the owner of a new osage knife he made & he sent my son home with a pocket knive & my daughter some homemade summersausage...both my younguns think them fellars are it...Thank ya a bunch Sam...

Was good to finally meet Tom Jenkins & Jake with the aerial launcher seemed to be a big hit as well as his Can Cooker cooking at the pot luck Saturday night.
Really hated to see the weekend come to an end.I've got a few pictures I'll try to get up later..Looking forward to the next one......
Mark,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your two fine youngun's! That little gal of yours tickled me to death the way she went after that summer sausage. That gal knows what good eating is. Your boy is going to be an absolute ringer. They are lucky to have such a fine feller as a Pa.

Wish you could have got to shot with us Sunday morning. We had a blast and we all shot much better than Saturday. That is one awesome course and wish I had something like it close by. That Steel Turkey is a mean one on arrows! I got lucky and only lost one arrow on the 3 rounds we made. As many misses as I had that's pretty good I reckon.

Hope we can meet again and if you ever want to come down this way for a visit you got a place to come to.

Jeff

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
Thanks to the KTBA members and all involved in setting up this fantastic shoot. Your efforts did not go unnoticed. We really appreciate your hard work. Thanks to all the vendors who helped to make this such a huge success also. Great to see Mark Murphy, Gene Murphy, Jeremy, Randy Grider, Eddie A., Jesse Arnold, and Big Jim again, and a whole lot of others I'm sure I left out. Very glad to have finally met Tom Jenkins and Roy Grimes. Finally saw Roy McIntosh(Former owner of the "Kentuckian Longbow Co.") after all these years too. Somehow I missed meeting Koger. That's too bad. Maybe next time. Glad good friend Bill Riley was able to make it down for his first time to the area too. Bill, my two boys, and I shot together and had a great time. Can't wait 'til next year to do it all again.

I was also glad to come home with a new to me bow. Yes, I traded my Predator recurve with Big Jim for another used bow   :scared:   , but that's soon to be posted on another thread.............   :coffee:    :goldtooth:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
Congrats,wish we had one
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
The Tradfest was great!  The courses were very well done.  Great targets.  Good crowd and a wide range of vendors.  Looking forward to next year when I can spend a whole weekend.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
My crew and I made it home this morning about 6:am and are very tired. We will probably be sluggish all day, but wanted to take time to thank everyone who made the Kentucky shoot happen including all those who attended.

I had very little concerns that the change of venue would do much to dampen Ky spirits and was proven to be right, again  :) . We had a great time despite the high winds and the truck troubles we experienced getting there.

If you were unable to attend this year, make sure you put it on your to do list for next year. We will certainly be back to enjoy the fantastic bunch of people we encountered there....of course this is common place at trad shoots across the nation.
Ya'll, We thougherly enjoyed it and can't wait til next year!
BigJim, Barbara and crew
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I gotta give a big thank you to Gene Murphy. THANK YOU!!! Gene found my Big Jim shirt & is being kind enough to send it north to IN. This once again proves to me the Traditional crowd is tops when it comes to helping each other out. Thanks again Gene. I will try & promote this shoot to several IN Trad guys for next years shoot. I know I'm already looking forward to it.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks to all the Folks at Mercer County.  One of the best shoots we have done.  The Hospitality was top notch and the facilities were awesome.  The Kids and I had a great time and were glad we made the trip.  Good to see everyone that made the trip.  We'll be back next year with the thrower and plenty of flu flus.  Good shoot, good times, good people.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
I had a great time and I hope they do it again next year!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
I had a great time. The targets and the courses were very nice. The guys who put this on should be proud of their efforts, they done good!
John

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jake:
Thanks to all the Folks at Mercer County.  One of the best shoots we have done.  The Hospitality was top notch and the facilities were awesome.  The Kids and I had a great time and were glad we made the trip.  Good to see everyone that made the trip.  We'll be back next year with the throwere and plenty of flu flus.  Good shoot, good times, good people.
Jake,

had a blast with your disk thrower. That was too much fun especially when you got 4 or 5 knuckleheads shooting at the same time. I could have spent a fortune there. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Jeff

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
I have to throw out an apology to 202turkey. Sorry I didn't get your name and the girls name in the post while you were trading with Big Jim....I have since corrected the post and am awaiting the names of the two fine young ladies so I may edit it and at least get their names into the post. 202turkey and the girls, who are also in the pic with him while he was trading with Big Jim, were nice enough to sit and have lunch with me. I cannot say enough about the great hospitality of all the folks who I met there. I can say that it really restored my faith in my fellow man and that there truly are those who still believe in the values and beliefs I was brought up with. Thanks again to all of the KTBA members and the Mercer Co. Fish and Game club for hosting such a great event. Thanks to ALL of my fellow TG members who attended, and for those who weren't able to I send out an, "I hope to someday meet you soon", and, "I hope to see you next year, and hope you can make it".

John

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
And the food....it was great!!
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©