3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1st Annual KY Tradfest  (Read 834 times)

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st Annual KY Tradfest
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Did I miss the photos of americanhunter7
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
Tracy and I realy enjoyed our day at the shoot.Next year we are going to have to try to make a weekend of it, instead of just one day.We deffinately did not want to leave Sat. night.The shoot was layed out very nice.We realy enjoyed the Bison targets and especialy the moose target.You just dont get to shoot at something that big very often.

We shot both courses with Little Jake.That boy knows how to shoot, and a fine young man to boot.We realy enjoyed having him along.Hopefully our group ribbing each other, did not effect his score to much.It was nice to go to a shoot and actualy get to shoot!Although there was still plenty of time to get around and talk to everyone.That is one of the things that makes these shoots so much fun.We had a great talk with Kentucky TJ.I realy enjoyed meeting him.He is a very easy guy to get along with.

Cant wait till next year!
Bill

Offline GREASEMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
I attended for Sat. only,but, I'll be back for the weekend next year !!

Great time, great venue!!

My thanks for all of the hard work it takes to put these on!

Cheers,
Chuck aka Greaseman

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
There were at least 3 carloads of us ITBA types down there. We all had a great time! Good shoot and well run.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline chubber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
Good time,Good shoot.

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
WOW,SURE LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN,,,THANKS FOR THE PICS AND ALL THE INFO...I THINK ILL HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY WITH MY COUSIN IZZY,,,
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Man Sam Koger, you haven't changed a bit!!!! Sorry I couldn't make it, looks like it was a great time to be had by all. You coming to the Baltimoe traditional Bowmens Classic in mid may???? It's a great shoot....I'm going all weekend. Come on over, sell some knives and we'll shoot out tails off!.....see ya' sometime...John
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Jimmy Meadows was nice enough to invite Danny TwoHats and I from Charlottesville Virginia (Just 8hrs away) to ride with him to his home and to this shoot.  His hospitality was second to none.  Well done people.  Very nice ranges and a top notch facility.  Looks like you might have some more campers next year.  I got to see many of my PBS brothers enjoying the shoot.  My fingers are still sore from all the shooting.  I have to note that Danny not once, but twice, pinwheeled the Iron Turkey....   :notworthy:    I would also like to point out that there were many vintage bows and tackle for sale.  More than any other shoot I have attended.(That includes Denton Hill)  Had a great time.  Thanks for putting on a great shoot.  Maybe Danny with post some of the pictures he took for us.

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
Hey John. You better get them eyes checked old buddy, I am getting older and uglier! You ought to try to make it to the Tenn. Classic, you would love it. Folks, I met so many of you, and I am terrible with remembering names, but I enjoyed meeting you all. I really enjoyed the kids looking at the knives and acoutrements, the sparkle in their eyes, reminded me of when I was a kid, and looking at the guns, knives, and old muzzleloaders of the oldtimers that were still around and how they took the time to answer all my questions. They lit a fire that hasnt died yet!
samuel koger

Offline Two Wolves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
I want to express my appreciation for the great job the KTBA did hosting this event. This was my very first TRAD event, won't be my last. Thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet Mark Murphy (and Emily) , Tom Jenkins, Big Jim and many others. Great seeing Dave Cash again also. Great people!

Special thanks to Doug Catlett for tolerating a newbie shooting with him and his boys. I enjoyed it so much. I LOVE SHOOTING MY TRADITIONAL LONGBOW!
Striker Stinger
58" 50#@28

There is a cabin full of dreams in the backwoods of my mind.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »
We were glad to have you along with us Bill. I thought you shot that Stinger of yours real well also!

I, too, was glad to meet Dave as well, among the others I mentioned earlier. You're right, great people plus a great time.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline mt zion

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
I think the tradfest went over great. I did not get to see alot of people becuse i was in Rod Jenkins shooting class, but I can say the class was great. A big Thank You to the KTBA and all the members of the shooting club. Would also like to thank Rod Jenkins for all the work he did with the class. I know have alot of work to do on my shooting form. To the other classmates it was great to have meet you all and hope we can shoot together agian someday. Thank you KTBA.

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
mt zion, we will just make a date to shoot together. May14-15 we are havingf a 50 target 2 day campout shoot as a fundraiser for the Mercer County Fish and Game Club. Saturday is Traditional only, Sunday is either trad or compounds. Combined score from both days wins the title of "Ironman" You can also camp friday and saturday night if you wish. The last 2 years a fellow shot longbow both days and won!
 This is of course an invite to all !
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »
I am in agreement that this event was a big deal. My first time to be a vendor. Met lots of new folks and the folks I already knew from KTBA. I have been attending thier shoots for a number of years and had no doubt they could pull this one off. In style I might add. I will be back next year for sure. It will be bigger then I am sure.
High on Archery.

Offline e alexander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Hey guys, I just found this post. I can say, we (KTBA) are overwhelmed with the great turn-out and kind words from all that attended.  Really glad everyone had a great time, can't wait for 2012!

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Update for all you TG members about KY Tradfest. I just got an e-mail from Gene Murphy about the number of shooters in attendance. Gene said that there were a total of 282 shooters at the 1st Annual Tradfest. I'd say that's a pretty good start for the event.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Here are some shots from our group

Our newby to Trad archery and she is no newbie anymore.First shot and nailed the moose

Our group getting ready.Nook happy to go sling an arrow or two.That's our new friends,John and John
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »

me(Two Hats) bearing down on a target.I had a blast.

The gang watching Katie geeting ready to slay another one.Jimmie,Nook and the Johns looking on.
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »

Thanks to all and a big thanks to Jimmie Meadows

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
Glad to see you got some pics up TwoHats looks like your group more than took care of that big ole Moose. Glad to see other peoples pics, I didn't get too many pics of people on the range.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©