3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.  (Read 1027 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
My friend, Ruddy ("broketooth") and I have been planning to get together for some of our turkey bowhunts this season. We have also been discussing use of video cameras in general. About a month ago or so Ruddy jumped in head first and grabbed the bull by the horns, so to speak. He tried out the video feature of his wife's camera, and wound up doing a nice job of posting his first attempts at videos of himself bow shooting. He mostly just wanted to see how to do it, and if he could, do it at all. However, it turned out most of us were pretty impressed with the results, and enjoyed the videos.

Well it got me to thinking that I had just about forgotten that my camera (I use at shoots, hunts, etc.) has that capability also. The last couple of days I got out the Ops Manual for my trusty Kodak (camera), and then decided it was time to take a clue from Ruddy and "get in the pool"

I showed my wife, Rose, how to handle the camera, got out my Anneewakee Addiction recurve, "Blackie", and we went out to my shooting area. Rose did pretty good on the first one which shows me shooting. Forgive me, as I may have been concentrating more on the video procedures than on my shooting - LOL. By the second video, she was shivering in the chilly wind, so it's a little shakey. We are pretty proud of our first attempts - all the way to here (this thread via PhotoBucket - LOL)

Thanks for giving me the needed kick in the slats to try something new, Ruddy.

Click on the picture to play it's video (I think          ;)         ).

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
You done good. Thanks for sharing!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
Thanks, magnus - I'm pleased with the first attempts and I'm sure, now that I see how easy it was, there'll be more (from shoots, etc.)

Just as I finished typing the original thread entry, Rose said supper was on the table -  so I hit "post", and ran for the boiled shelly shrimp. (Can't blame me for that - LOL). So, I just now got to see if the videos actually worked, here in the thread. Again, I was pleased - however, I have no idea why the sound of the bow and hit of the arrow, in the first video is so far out of sync with the action - makes it kind of weird. Anyway I hope folks enjoy them, and that it will encourage them to try, just as Ruddy's doing it earlier fired me up. It's always good to learn new tricks - 'specially when yer an old dog     :laughing:    .

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Great picts,
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Sweet shooting Bernie,done blew that turkeys head clean off.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
Really great
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Good job Bern, now get you a tripod and let Rose shoot with ya!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Boy, how I wish she would, ck, but not a chance. Got a couple of tripods a'ready, one tall one from the "35mm old days", that work well and may use them sometimes too (Rudy used one for his). Wanted to try it this way first to see how feasible it was also.

Thanks all. I think that was as much the wind and weather over the years that wore the Tom's head down, Larry, as much as my shooting.    :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Good shooting and fine job with the videos... you and the missus done yourselves proud.    :thumbsup:  

Kawika
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Thank you, kb, so much. (Please love Hawaii a little extra for us - Rose and I loved it so much for the years (3 for me, 4 for her) that we were there.)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Good job! Looks like the weather was pretty nice at the coast today. You may be on to something with the early bow sound--after the deer jumps at the noise, you can take your time with a silent shot.   :laughing:

Gerald

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
bernie, miss rose did a fine job shooting the vids for ya. your camera makes pretty good videos too. it does help to have a tripod, even if you have a partner doing the filming. keep at it turkey season is just days away, we can get your hunts on video now. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
cool flick,,,
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
Last two days (and tomorrow) have been beautiful but windy (and more so tomorrow) here on the coast, Gerald. (Reckon that'll work on the deer   ;)  ?

Thanks go out to all three of you - Gerald, Ruddy, and Ray.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
Bernie you owe you wife a dinner for the camera work,now all you have to do is connect with a turkey,take care Larry
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
That would make me so happy I might not be able to take it, Larry - but I'm sure hoping.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Interesting point Re "trying something". Back when I first bought my Kodak Z700 (3 or maybe 4 years back), I asked my dear friend, Killie about doing videos, since she was doing one occasionally.

Killie said (basically), "Gee, Bernie, I just read how to take videos with my camera, and then I uploaded them to PhotoBucket, and posted them to tradgang just like I post pictures - it's real simple."

I thanked her but thought to myself, "yeah, buddy, easy for you to say!" (She's sooooo good with cameras.) Then, as I used to do as a kid, when confronted with something I wasn't sure of, I put up a mental block until I forgot all about it. I should have gone to my adult/Marine way of tackling things, and heeded her advice, as I decided to do after Ruddy's example.

I should know to listen to you, Killie - yer (most) always right - LOL. So, if you have a camera that "does" it, try it, folks, you'll like it!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
Oh, BTW - I think the Videos and sound are in sync now - go figure.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Bernie,

Never noticed before but you pucker up and kiss yer fletching when you hit anchor! How adorable!   "[dntthnk]"    :eek:  

I still say you have good form, well, the bow draw and release form...the rest of your "form" I still say would make a great Travelocity Garden Gnome, or as our ole buddy OL used to say, "ya mini-grunt!"  :)

Be well. Thanks for the "Bernie Fix". Will miss you at B'more again this year!

YOU DO shoot that li'l Addiction so well!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
Thanks fer lookin' , Dave. My old (ever since teens) rounded shoulders don't help much. Well, perhaps they do help the "Garden Gnome" impression - LOL.

Yeah, it wasn't a conscious thing but somehow I started that pursing my mouth thing about two or three years back, and still do it on most all shots without thinking. Have no idea where, how, or why - except perhaps to come in contact with the fletching. Come to think about it, perhaps it came into being when I switched to "three under" and that was just early last year, I guess.

For those interested, this AM I posted another video (of my largish, Camo Dog and our new Chihuhua pup, Bozo roughhousing - funny to watch) on my FaceBook. Trying to get more familiar with using my camera that way. Could have benefited with a little more light though.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©