3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Good job bernie, The camera that I have like yours does great. It's what I shot the clip of Taylor shooting ariels ( in the archives). Works real good. I just got a hard drive video camcorder and now I got to get a new computer to download and edit on. good luck on the turkeys. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
I remember that, Don, (the clip and the camera) - didn't realize you did it with that camera - neat. Good luck with the new puter - LOL.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Don, I had been reading a little about the Hard Drive Camcorders - sounds interesting. Are you sure you need a new computer, and not just new software? Unless maybe your old one doesn't have enough storage, etc. for video editing/capabilities and video storage. Should be fun once you get set up in any case, especially for shoots and hunts (and family stuff, of course -  :D  ).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Allright Bernie get out in the field and make us a turkey video,you have gotten it down so lets see some action.  :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Well, I sure would like to, Larry. Doesn't open here until this coming Saturday though, so I guess I better wait a little more    ;)   (Runs through the 7th of next month.)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
Nice goin Bernie!

I have a couple digital camcorders. One is a 30GB HDD (HD 1080i) and another is a HD flash drive camcorder. The flash drive camera is small, as in tiny small but still records in HD quality. A little camo and it would be great to stick in a pack;

Digital advances has changed how we record things these days. Even digital still cameras do a good job at recording imformal video.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Nice videos Bernie! Good luck with the Turkeys.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Thanks, DannyBows. Hey, JL, how ya been. Nice looking rig. I also have a larger Digital Panasonic camcorder that uses small cassette films. Looks about a little smaller than your larger one. Used it for my grand younguns recitals, etc and it was/is a real good one. I used to pull a still off it with my old computer now and then - but don't know about using it like this.

I took some more videos today and going to post them here directly.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
I decided (after the bad weather passed over today - LOL) to try more with the videoing. I tried making these videos using my tripod and handling the camera myself. I also made sure I paid more attention to my bow practice today - I practiced after the video session both days also - BTW. I also took the shooting vid from the other side (of me) I think - LOL, and the target one from a little different & closer angle. I also did a little more talking and hope it was loud enough to carry to the camera. I threw in a third, shorter video while pulling the arrows from the second six shots - just for kicks. I also found out I can edit (trim ends, splice, add music, etc.) them in my software but decided not to do that with these 3 - today anyway - LOL. I checked and the distance was 13 yards - BTW

As before, click on the picture to view it's video - thanks for looking.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Focusource

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
Good shooting, Bernie.
TradTech Pinnacle II riser, 50# BlackMax limbs

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Thank you, Jeff.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Bernie, you ol' double-clutchin' E-flat tractor-trailer, you may be slow but you will end up passin' the lot of us!
What a treat to see and hear you doing what we love the most. Please thank Rose for her part in filming you, so that we could spend a little time at the targets. You sure married the right woman, even if she won't shoot with us.

Killdeer   :archer2:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 05:37:00 AM »
Bless your heart, Killie - I was hoping you would take a gander in on this thread -     :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Bernie you sure figured out the video thing in quick-time! It's nice to see TGer's in action, better than pics for sure. I like the ones with the camera near the target. Hiss-Thunk, Hiss-Thunk. Awesome! Those Turkeys are in for trouble my friend.    :thumbsup:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Ahhh, from your mouth to God's ears, my friend, and thanks for the kind words.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Great Job!  You know it's good because it makes me wish I was there to shoot with you.    :campfire:

By the second video, she was shivering in the chilly wind, so it's a little shakey.  
I've got a nice afgahn I could send her!

Blessings!
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
LOL - that's funny, Tim. (There'll be some of Rose's afghans on the St. Jude auction again this year but not as many as last year. The quantity tended to lower the bids overall on them we think - so she'll go back to fewer this year.) You'd be welcome to come shoot with me, and glad you enjoyed the videos.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Thanks for posting Bernie! I enjoyed that!   :thumbsup:   Great job and great shooting!   :archer:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Thank you, bp, and I'm pleased to hear that.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
I did another set of three videos - shooting from a POP-up blind - yesterday but for some reason they kept failing to upload to PhotoBucket. I'll see if they have it fixed yet, today, or perhaps try  making a new one.    :dunno:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©