3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Looks like PB is working on videos again today but still some trouble. I had clipped and spliced the three I took and they play well on/in my files. PB uploaded the compiled video but when I played that copy, it stopped the video at the end of the first one but continued on with the audio - LOL - not good. Perhaps it is too long. So I went back and uploaded the three clipped ones separately. and will be posting them shortly.

You will note (probably right away - LOL) that I am shooting out of the back/entry of the blind to aid in the camera seeing inside the blind. You will also note some not so good hits - ugh. I could have left those out but I figured if I'm gonna show the "good", I might as well show the "bad" - now if I just don't continue to degrade and wind up having to show the"ugly" - LOL

Anyway, enjoy - i did making them:

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Great to see you out shooting and having!   :thumbsup:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Thanks for looking, Tim. It is enjoyable to learn new things, especially when you can connect them to trad shooting , which we all love.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
I have just come in from making one more set of videos, which i will be posting after supper. They are shooting out of the "right" side of the blind (a window side). You will of course see some of my movements inside the blind but not much - mostly just arrows coming out, and also at the target. Do realize that when hunting I will wear camo (or black) all over including gloves and face mask. I hope some of you are enjoying these - I am enjoying learning/making them and (of course) the shooting (much better today - BTW). Rose helped me again today but still using a tripod, so it cuts down on some of the transit time in the ones where I was running the camera alone - LOL.

I realize these videos must use up some band pass, so, after the thread has been up a while, I will understand if it needs to be deleted. I'll be back to post the new videos (4 this time) after I eat, and get them uploaded.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
These 4 Videos are shorter than the previous ones because of Rose running the camera for me. The audio on the 3rd one is low because the camera is at the target and I am back in the blind. If you have the capability, you may want to jack the volume up on that one. Don't forget to put it back down before you go to the last one though - LOL:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
Nice videos Bernie,can't wait to see more.Good Luck
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Thank you for looking and the kind words, Curt. I may yet do one more (before hunting), from inside the blind, to see if I can shoot a video from in the blind, while by myself.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Oooops - for some reason, last night I read that avatar as Guru, instead or Grinch - DUH! So my reply (still the same - LOL) should have been to my friend, Larry, not to my friend, Curt. How the devil am I gonna get a turkey when I can't tell one "Gobbler" from another by their avatar [knothead] (Sorry, Larry.)

Oh well, it takes this "mess" back "to the top" anyway [Big Grin]

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
Those were some nice videos. I hope you do some more to share.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
great job on the vids bernie! i think you're more than ready to be chasin turkeys. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 12:05:00 AM »
Thank you, Night Wing. Man that is a gorgeous Kayak on your bio page - reminds me of the canoes they build like that in Maine. Did you make it yourself? Beautiful in any case. I do plan to try one (video) taken from inside the blind tomorrow, Joe.

Thanks, Ruddy. I do hope to get out a time or two during the coming week, if all goes well.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
I made three more videos this AM to accomplish what I spoke of yesterday. The first one will be with the camera in the blind, focused on the "target area", as it would be in a real hunt situation, alone, or with a partner. The second is taken from outside the blind again - to see if I've succeeded in keeping down the flash of hands, sleeves, etc. The final one is just a short one to look at the arrows fired in the second one, and pull them. Again, please enjoy.

Here are the videos from today, and as usual just click on the pic to see it's video:

As this day has worn on since making the videos this AM, I have found my wrist may have been collapsing on those last three shots, as it has become apparent my wrist is in worse shape than I realized. I've had it in a heat wrap all day and really felt it. This evening I was going to go out and try to shoot again but, when I lifted my bow down, I found not only did it hurt me to do that but I also could not draw my bow. So I'll have to do some more "doctoring" and a little resting of the wrist, I guess. I'm sure it will straighten out quickly but I also will be doing some serious hoping and praying.Thanks for looking and bearing with me    :D .

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
I'm sorry to say that while my wrist feels a tad better this AM, it is still not back in shape at all. I'm trying a little Capzasin on it, which feels pretty good but won't allow for use of the wrist wrap. Definitely won't be any turkey hunting today, for sure - dag nab it! Oh well, the preparation & video learning have been a real ball so far anyway.      :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
Nice camera work and fine shooting.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
Thank you, Friend.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
My wrist is getting stronger again but haven't been able to go out for a hunt yet - darn it. I did pack my Blind back up (after wrasslin' with that figure 8 thing-a-ma-bob - LOL) and spray my Bug tamer suit with Permanone - so i'm ready. Hope to try my bow hand again tomorrow, if it feels as much better as it did today.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
I don't think this blind is the ticket for traditional bowhunting. Especially with a video camera. I would quickly cut a way bigger shooting window especially into the corner areas of the blind and then fill the windows with shoot through netting. I think one problem is the height of the shooting window. It is too high for your recurve to be comfortable in that blind. These blinds are made for gunhunters and compost shooters. These new windows will allow you to position your blind, so you can use the diagonal room in the blind for less distraction and the shoot through netting will avoid a bird seeing that arrow appear in that window. Any unusual movement will alert the bird, that will not help your enterprise.And, the new windows will keep you better informed what is going on outside.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Good stuff Bern!!!!!

:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
Thank you much, Terry, I appreciate it.

I hope everyone knows/understands that I am not trying to "teach" others how to do this, or any part of it. I'm just sharing what I personally am doing to prepare for a chance at a turkey hunt this season, and showing that I've learned something new, i.e. taking and posting video clips.

tecum-tha, I must agree with you 100% on all aspects of your critique, and I probably would be  better off, or at least as well off, hunting off the ground in my 3D Leaf Bug Tamer suit, sitting in front of a big tree (if there were enough scattered around in this area), as I used to do before switching to trad archery. However Blinds seem to help around here and I could/can absolutely not afford a Double Bull (which would be much better suited). We Marines have always had to do the best we can with what we get -        ;)      This Ameristep Doghouse blind would do OK on room for a little guy like me (not perfect, mind you) if I were using shorter arrows (but these work well in my recurve so I am aware that I will be limited as to when I can draw - same as when hunting deer). I think your idea on cutting windows in the corners would be a good ticket to help matters. However the large steel band circles that support each of the four sides, meet/overlap right in the corners so it would not be feasible to cut new windows. Nor would the blind open or fold as designed if that were done - IMO. The blind does come with shoot-thru netting for the windows but I won't use them with the shaft-Judos I use behind my BHs. Thanks for your comments though, and thanks for looking.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Bernie,
I understand. Since you were a marine, you know how to make stuff fit. Cut that center window you used in the video lower, so you can shoot kneeling.
I guess you tried to shoot halfway standing. This is not a real stable position unless you use Asbells s..t seat. I know that we smaller guys can not shoot comfortably out of those higher of the ground windows kneeling without stretching real bad, which make our lower bodies unstable.
I know why I have 3 double bull blinds and finally the Matrix, where you can adjust that...
The Ameristep blind is not bad, but you increase your chances with those slight modifications and make it easier on you to get off a perfect shot.
The netting is not required for turkeys, they tolerate the black hole.  
By the way, how far were your shots?
Another thing for good training is, to always only shoot one arrow at your intended target.
Your second arrow is automatically corrected after the first. Gives you a wrong impression about your ability,since only your first one counts.
Seeing in your videos, the first one always seemed to hit left....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©