3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.  (Read 1028 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video Posting - 15 videos on 10 Apr.
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Interesting - I will bear all of that in mind. As I mentioned in the videos, shots were between 13 yards and 15 yards for the different sequences. I use an old Marine Corps folding camp/desk stool and drop one knee down onto the ground to shoot - keeps me pretty solid (Kneeling used to be my strong shooting position but, as I said in the video - can't do that n'more - LOL). I really don't seem to have any problem with the window being too high (or low) for me, that I realize, but I'll take closer notice (don't want to be missing something out of loyalty - LOL). I do agree with the one arrow practice theory (though I don't    always  practice it - like if I am in a practice place hard to get to  - climbing stand, tower, etc. and in this case - while videoing). I'll look into that first shot to the left thing you mentioned though.

Semper Fi Folding Stool - LOL:

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
Good videos Bernie. Didn't know old guys could shoot that good  :D    Sort of scared me when I saw your sweat shirt, I have the very same one...I guess it must be made for old fellers like us   :thumbsup:   You hold that 70 pound bow back just perfect. Was out back shooting my bow yesterday for the first time in a week. Guess what, I didn't get one bit better than the last time. Good luck on the hunt and bring the dinner home.                  Chort

Offline Fortun81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
Fantastic videos Bernie! And great job Ms Rose!
If you hunt with your kids when they are young, you won't be hunting all over for them when they are teenagers.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
So good to hear from you, Chort. Hope things are well with you and yours. Funny about the sweat shirt. I wish I could (have ever) pulled a 70 lb bow - LOL. This one is 50 @ 28 but I only get (like you) a little over 25" on most days. It's sweet drawing though and, as can be seen/herd, it hits like a ton of bricks.

Thank you so very much, F81.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
Boy, your fun hunting out of this blind will be seriously limited, unless the birds come running within 15 min after you set up. Not because of the blind, but because of this table/chair. Please do your back a favor and get yourself a tripod chair with a backrest. Cabelas has one on sale, there is one from hunters specialties and there is one from double bull. At amazon the double bull is priced very attractive and free shipping. Best chair I ever had!! Please do your back the favor and get one of these. I did hunt a few years on very light and packable chairs without a backrest, but it takes the fun out of blind hunting very quickly....
You can shoot comfortable seating from those chairs as well.

Wenn you're in your blind, walk around your chair after each shot. Then take position again. This is like your first shot then. Don't hold your position and "group"...

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
LOL - I do have one with a back rest that i use for ground blind hunting but I prefer this (MC) one for the more restrictive pop-up blind. As the years have crept up on me (76 in Oct.), I can only stand to stay out just so many hours anyway. I have sat in DB blinds w/ one of their seats (friends) - twice. (Loved it, like sitting in a living room     :)    - FWIW.) Wish I was rich, instead of so darned good lookin' -       :goldtooth:        

Here is my "Luxury" model - LOL:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2011, 05:45:00 AM »
I did get out and shoot a few yesterday afternoon - just to check a few things we've kicked around, including my wrist. Just using the camp stool (blind is already in car). Wrist and all went well and I probably will do it again this afternoon. Ruddy and I plan to go out, here, tomorrow AM, and see if we can at least hear a bird - "Gobble, gobble, gobble" - "Ch-uck, chuck, chuck"    :jumper:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Good Luck Bernie hope you are sucesfull.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
Thank you, Larry - I'd love too but, if not, we will be happy just to be out there in the woods again.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
This late afternoon I went out for one more short practice session, from my stool but sans blind, before packing up everything for tomorrow's search/hunt. I asked Rose to take a Still pic for me to show how I shoot off this stool, since there was talk of it. This is how I drop my forward knee down. As you can see, I am supported by the seat, my back foot/leg, and my front knee when I get ready to shoot:

After shooting six arrows (I know, I'm not supposed to do that ), I decided to take another still pic, of the results, since the camera was out there (and I liked what I saw - LOL). The one to the left and a tad higher was actually the last shot of these six today:

I was wishing I had videoed the sequence, after I finished - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
good shootin bernie, now we got to locate a bird for ya. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
Thank you, and I hear ya, Ruddy. We'll talk about "time" this evening.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2011, 04:17:00 AM »
Well, Ruddy and I went out Sat. AM Didn't see or hear anything but still had a good time in the Croatan here on the coast. This morning I will pick him up near New Bern to go to the First Annual Croatan Dogwood Blossom Stump Shoot  up there - assuming that hwy 17 isn't blocked from any of the bad storm goings-on last night. Waiting for the TV news to get going this AM.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
Bernie

Don't know how I missed this thread. Must have my head under some quiver leather. Great job you and Rudy have done with the short takes. I like your style!!!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
Thank you, John, I appreciate that. It's been a lot of fun and very interesting, not to mention that it feels good to learn a new "trick".

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©