3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tabs  (Read 565 times)

Online Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tabs
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Never hear much about the Neet brand tabs...
I've used 'em forever and always order several from my local archery (wheelie) shop cause ya never see 'em hanging on a rack. They've been getting them for me for probably 20+ years and I'm always surprised their still out there and available. Maybe not as durable as some of the more modern materials, but really comfortable to me.
Rando

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
BW,TABS ARE IDEAL FOR ME,PRICED GOOD ALSO,,,,
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
I orderd a Eagles Flight calf hair tab today.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Another vote for the Blackwidow tab.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rando:
[QB] Never hear much about the Neet brand tabs...
I've used 'em forever...."
I keep coming back to my Neet Monster tab. Very simple one holer, and just the right thickness.

Offline ncsaknech1ydh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »
I have not seen anyone mention the Cavalier Elite Cordovan tab, which I have been using for about 1 1/2 years now. The metal piece insures exact sting alignment each and every time. I also use the optional thumb piece which keeps my entire draw hand pretty much in the exact configuration on each shot, both of these help to eliminate string tourqe differences between shots. It feels very strange for the first month or two, but once you get used to the feel you won't turn back. I could very well be mistaken, but I think I have read before that most olympic shooters who use tabs, use this tab.
"Anchor is a place where I can relax in an uncommitted state of mind"

64" BobLee Classic TD LBow 57# @ 32 1/2
64" BobLee BCentenniel TD RCurve  53# @ 32 1/2"
Always looking for BobLee Long Bow or RCurve Limbs, 64" 40# to 50#.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 02:10:00 AM »
I like my EW bateman cordovan "finger hole" no pinch tab
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 02:13:00 AM »
I tried a Cavalier.
Split my lip.
I don't have the best of form.
I anchor at my lip.
Let the string go and that plate jumped up and bit me.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Nala, I learned about the O-ring from Lenny Rock at Bob Lee. His favorite tab is an unborn calf hair tab, 3 under, and with the Ok-ring. That's now what I shoot with. They won't last as long as cordovan, but they give a really smooth release. We also do cordovan.

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
I've tried many...BW, cordovan, calf hair...I seem to go back to the 3Rivers all leather tab ...cant beat it for 8 bucks...

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Don, I see your tabs are offered only in a Large. I don't have large hands , in fact probably med small, will that split finger tab still work once trimmed down ?  Thanks
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
We can use a different size O-rings if you let us know. Our standard size is the large.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
I received my Eagle's Flight Calf hair 3 under tab, and it is a first class tab!!! It may be my faviorite tab of all time.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
From time to time, today in fact, my fingers -- deep inside, not the skin, hurt like the dickens. I shot two arrows this morning and then just couldn't take it. I hook the fingers deeply in the first joints of three fingers under. I'll skip shooting on these "bad-finger-days" and go back the next day and no problem.  I don't know what is going on but I wonder if it's because I passed 30, 27 years ago?

Anyway, I've been using a glove, different ones but the thinner ones like Damascus. I like the feel of the string and they don't seem to groove badly for me. I'm shooting 46-48# recurves. I've thought about going to heavier gloves such as the Buffalos but I've been told they are very stiff in the fingers.

A moment ago I dug out some very old tabs; Neet and Widow. They are for split finger but I just cut the felt flaps off the Widow and shot. No finger pain. My groups were as good or better. I don't quite like the feel at my corner-of-mouth anchor but maybe I need to trim the tab a bit or just get used to it -- it's been nearly 30 years since I shot finger tabs. I know this can't be true but the arrow "seemed" to fly slower using the tab vs. the glove but surely that is some type of illusion? I'm coming to he same anchor and my follow-through is the same. If anything, I'd expect a slightly (2-3 FPS) cleaner release with the tab vs. three contact points in the glove.

I did a search and resurrected this thread. I'm intrigued by the Eagle and the Cavalier. I should make myself LOVE the Neet because I probably have 100 lefties that were given to me a couple of years ago.  However, on an item like this the price is irrevalent, I just want to be comfortable shooting.

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
moththerlode, shoot me a pm with your addy and I'll send you a new Skookum tab! I've tried tabs and wish they would work but didn't!!! I think this one is a med> for righty;  No charge, just do someone else a archery fav some day!!!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Bowwild, I want to thank you for resurrecting this thread.  Learned about the Eagle's Flight tab and just ordered the 3 under cordovan and calf hair tabs.  I have arthritis in the tip of my right index finger and can not use a glove.  I have been using the Cavalier Elite tab, but it is for split finger and I shoot 3 under and at times it will irritate my upper lip.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
I like the Bateman cordovan tab and have had real good luck with them.

Offline tex-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
2fletch, can you make a 2 finger under tab with the ring on it?
Aim small, miss small!!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
Bowwild, I like the calf hair on a tab because it gives a good feel of the string yet there seems to be less friction on the tips of the fingers.

Tex-archer, yes we could make a 2 finger tab with the ring.

Old Chief, Your tabs will go out today. Thanks.

:archer2:

Offline MT Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Super Tab from alaska BHS or 3 riv.  nice and thick, but also good feel.  Cordovan is nice.  I have a few old Marshall cordovan tabs from my Late Grandfather from the 1950's ond they are still going strong and super slick...they just keep getting better.

Patrick
Craig Ekins;
70" -60LB "Robin Hood",string follow  #47 of 50. LE
68" -70Lb Redman, string follow all YEW. "Yewlogy"
68" -75Lb@28. 3 lam Boo. String Follow- "LegendStick"

Ron Maulding : 68" Big Horn , Boo and Osage. 78#@27.

David Miller: Old Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©