3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back quiver or side quiver ?  (Read 348 times)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back quiver or side quiver ?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
longbowz , sorry but the ones Raptor sells are made right here at Raptor , similar to Jacks but quite different. Hand laced by yours truly.
As far as quiver suggestions , its kind of like broadhead suggestions , your going to have to try a few and find out for yourself, everyone has different taste.

Offline alex m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
When the weather's good I use a HH back quiver.  It took just a little bit of break in and practice with it to get it working for me.  When it rains and snows I use a Safari Tuff.  It's everything they say it is.  I love them both.  They are both silent. The Hill is faster and more convenient. The Safari protects my arrows better.  If I had to choose just one, I'd have to make it the Safari Tuff, but I'd miss the Hill on all those dry days.  They cost just about the same and the makers are both great to deal with.  Hope this helps.  Alex
The unknown wilderness has said to me: “Come sit in our green shade and commune with the Great Spirit in our leafy cathedrals while the choirs of bird-song fill your ears.” –Howard Hill

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies it was very helpful.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
I'm always wearing at least a day pack when hunting, so back quivers are out.  Used on for a while for stump shooting and stuff, but as snazzy as they look, they just don't navigate brush worth a darn.

Problem to avoid with either is broadheads rubbing together.  Even if they don't make noise, it wrecks your sharpening job.

Lsdt few years have been using a side quiver that I cobbled from some leather and pieces parts of old bow quivers.  Works but wow is it ugly.  Been thinking of making and indian style shoulder carry side quiver that will allow covering the fletch during bad weather or excursions in brush.

Problem is how to protect the broadheads.  Any body got any ideas.  BTW, I'm terminally cheap and perfectly willing to use ugly equipment if I can make it myself!  :biglaugh:
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Get both.  I think you'll find hunting situations that favor one or the other.  For example, hunting in 'open' areas the back quiver is nice.  In heavy cover, or when needing to carry a pack frame, the side quiver can get the call.

Offline mookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
Raptor side quiver is all I use hunting or 3-d.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©