3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spine-Spine- Spine and the quick recovery from paradox w/carbons  (Read 495 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spine-Spine- Spine and the quick recovery from paradox w/carbons
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
Tecum, works for a lot of people, not just me. Read the thread. Shawn
Shawn

Offline trick00

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
How bout a GT 5575 cut 29" with 350 gr up front, shot out of a 51# recurve cut just shy of center. my draw is right at 28". with this set up i ALMOST dont even need fletching out to 30 yds. bareshafts and fletched all hit in a nice 4"(on a good day) or so wad.

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Well, the problem is that those sales people in so called pro shops only use the recommendation for compost bows and don't think or know about the difference in spining different shaft materials.
That's why it is best to use the deflection value and calculate "equivalent" wood spine. I would characterize your setup slightly underspined, but not totally out of range. The shelf setup and the release play an important role,too.
If you follow the general guidelines to choose wood shafting for a bow and then convert the available carbon shafting to equivalent spine, you will be very close. Usually close enough to tune with just switching field points.
Release: If I use a deep hook (what I normally do, my shafts are perfect). Do I put the string closer to the tip of the fingers, these arrows are noticable stiffer already visible at 12 yards or so. Can you calculate or predict this: No. I am usually right on the money when I recommend carbon shafting on a german forum or the shooters have to adjust things only slightly.
It is always a game of trial and error and the different and always changing composition of the shafts does not help either....
I am with ChopX on this topic....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©