3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel like a member now...  (Read 407 times)

Offline BrianP

• Trad Bowhunter
I feel like a member now...
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
Hello All,  I “officially” joined the Trad Gang Forum in May though I have followed you all for a few months before then.  I’d like to share a recent “good deed” I did on Sunday, not to brag but to maybe inspire others to do the same.  I have noticed such unselfish things you all do such as the auction for St Jude’s, gear giveaways, and great tips on bowbuilding, tuning, etc…  Here are a couple of PMs that a fellow member and I shared the other day.  A fellow member posted a wanted classified for a LH Bill Stewart Takedown here on Trad Gang…my response to him is first….

Topic: Info on LH Bill Stewart Bow

1.  Stephen,

I woke up this morning and looked on craigslist here in Seattle and saw this. I must tell you that I have nothing to do with this seller...I do not know him but I do remember reading your post the other day. If it works out, what a coincidence!!! Let me know how it works out or not. If you go to craigslist Seattle and sporting goods you can see the pics and ad...otherewise, here is te text in his ad:

I have a 50# @ 26 inches Left-handed 62 inch take-down Recurve Bow made out of yuw wood and osage wood made by Bill Stewart. The bow is in great shape with few minor nicks but straight limbs.

Call 509-859-**** or email above link ask for Bruce.

2. Brian,

Thanks a bunch for the heads up on the bow!! I called the add right after I read your email and bought the bow. I had put out requests on tradgang and *********** with no response. I would have had no way of knowing about an add on craigslist in seattle. The guy who was selling now shoots longbows and was only selling the bow to fund some truck parts for a repair. The bow was even made in the same year as the one that I let go of. This one is a little lighter than mine, but thats just fine.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it !!
Stephen

3. Stephen, This is what Traditional Shooters are about...helping one another. One thing that surprised me about his ad was that he had a 509 area code which is eastern Washington and his ad stated he was out Tacoma. I am new to this site but not to Trad Shooting. Glad I could help. I saw all the great things this place does...some folks just give gear away because they're done using it...in this day in age, everyone's trying to get the last penny for they're stuff. Not around here though. Have a great day! Brian P.S. If you get bored, you might want to post our PMs on the PowWow thread...I won't mind and it may inspire other's to look out for the fellow members.

4.  Brian,

Your right about this site and trad. archers in general. At our local club meetings guys sometimes just bring hunting clothes or gear that are not using and give away some gear that is still in great shape.
Bruce that placed the add posted it in E. wash area where he lives for a couple of days and then posted in seattle area since that is where his daughter lives since it would get more interest. And it worked for him and myself, thanks to you! I was thinking the same thing as for as posting on the pow wow section, I certainly don't mind. I just don't know how you transfer the info.
Thanks again Brian I certainly appreciate it, Stephen

Again, I’m not bragging but I feel apart of you all now that I did my good deed.  Take care, Brian

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel like a member now...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  Way to go brother!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
Great  - what it's all about. I read his ad but could be of no help at all (as was true of many I'm sure). How fortunate that you read it, and could be of significant help - AND took the time to do so.   :thumbsup:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
BRAVO  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »
No doubt about it - you're both part of the family, and we are happy to have you as brothers  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Just remember.....No Good Deed Goes Un-Punished!!!!!

Now you will be forced to spend many hours reading TradGang posts.....Shooting bows and arrows.....BUYING new bows and BUILDING new arrows.....Attending far away events and hunts with other TradGang members.....

The list goes on and on My Friend!!!!!

Welcome To Our Campfire!!!!!   :campfire:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
:thumbsup:

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
GOOD JOB TO YOU BOTH and Your New Bow!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline stephen / oregon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Not tooting your horn at all, just fellow archers helping each other out. Good deed can inspire others to do them also.

P.S. I am the "Stephen" that Brian so graciously helped out, and I thank him a bunch for it. I have not gotten the bow yet, but I know it will be wonderful. By the way, the guy selling it was also a wonderful gentleman also.
 I feel really feel fortunate, I missed the stewart bow that I had let go of and had not received any input from my want ads.
 Thanks again Brian, I REALLY appreciate the gesture!!!

Stephen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©