3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KUIU has landed, impressions......  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KUIU has landed, impressions......
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Good to hear so many of you guys are getting your gear and are impressed...not that I thought you wouldn't be.

As Ryan stated above...Jason has never hidden anything from his customers. He has shared everything about where the fabrics are coming from, and where everything is being made.

Allen, looking forward to hearing your report when you get your order    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline vwvectors

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Kevin & S2 thanks for the detailed info much appreciated. I missed the blog portion sorry.
Opinions are like armpits everybody has a couple & they usually stink .

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Will do Curt!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
No worries or apologies necessary Rob.  I'm glad that I was able to help.  Always feel free to ask questions.  KUIU is only in the beginning stages and we'll be growing and learning together.  KUIU is committed to their customers.

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Hess

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
Hey Bruce,

Wondering where you are going with your comments about Japan and Canada...thoughts?

Erik

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
recieved my attack pants today and I must say I am impressed with the material and construction, but they run small so i am going to send back for size larger. there is noway I could tuck in a heavy shirt with these.

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Well, I got the 185 merino wool top, gaiter and beanie.  I am 5'7" 170 and the medium fit just snug enough.  I ordered the guide jacket too late to come with this order.  If the material is good, I will plan on getting the pants.  Anyone with a 33-34 in waist care to comment on fit?

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Anyone with a 33-34 in waist care to comment on fit?

I think the 34's would probably be loose on you so that you could layer whatever you want underneath. I'd go for that. The attack pant fabric is fairly light but very tough. I believe the fabric on the pants is a bit lighter than the guide jacket but its kind of hard to tell because the jacket has more micro fleece like lining than the pant. It is thicker overall.

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
I got my Attack Pants today! I normally wear a 32 sometimes a 33. These pants are nice, however, they are just touch snug. I tried them with long underwear underneath wasn't too bad. Wondering what a 34 would be like?? Any KUIU experts know?
My fear is I would be swimming in the 34's
Thansk

chris <><

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Yep, it looks like those of us who are a bit thick need to go up a size.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Gang,
If you have questions or concerns regarding sizes or exchanges, please contact KUIU's Customer Service Department at 1-855-367-5848 or [email protected] and a representative will be happy to assist you.

They have a great return policy granted you fallow the instructions.

Here is a link to KUIU's service page.
 http://kuiu.com/service/

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
OK, lets clear this up...  I am truely excited to see and hear what everyone thinks about this gear now that more than a few folks in diverse locations and varried use potential have their hands on it.  I was not demeaning the product.

As to the Japan/BC comment, I have not followed "the blog" because I went there several times and did not get the information I was looking for.  My Bad...  as a professional educator and being deeply embedded inside the hunting and shooting industry at both the commercial and private user level, I guess I should have asked for more info...
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Online Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
My Kuiu gear was waiting when I go home from northern Michigan tonight.  I am happy with the initial once over.  I like the fabrics, the camo and the fit.  I wear a 46 jacket and 36 pants so I ordered XL for the top garments and L for the lower.  I am good to go for elk this fall!

Dave

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I was considering the 185 top and bottom base layer and the guide jacket /attack combo.I was wondering if this was sufficent for temps down to the teens in late season. glen

Offline wvtradbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
I got my order Thursday,Attack pants,gator an a cold weather beanie (can't remember the name)..Luv the pants the material is Great,true to size..I'm a little in between sizes with Sitka but these are a true 36..The hat seems nice but not stretchy like I thought but I think it'll be real nice this winter..I'm waiting to see some reviews on the Icon,I think that's next..
"I strive for mediocrity and sometimes achieve it." a close friend

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Just a note for some guys who may be waiting impatiently for their order.  I called KUIU today and Jason Hairston himself answered the phone (not bad customer service!).  I was checking on the status of my order because it looks like alot of guys have already received their stuff and was told that orders that include the spindrift jacket and chugach pants/jacket will most likely ship on Wednesday because they were held up in customs from Vancouver.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
Glen,
In my opinion, cold weather tolerance levels vary from individual to individual.  Humidity levels also play a key factor.  Moving vs. sitting, etc.  Given that, in the areas that I hunt which dip into the teens, I'll be packing all the layers.  The beauty of this versatile system is that I can pack for worst without worrying about weight or bulk.

Hey Mike,
Thanks for taking the time to post that info!  :thumbsup:  

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Glenbo
I would think not unless you are constantly moving.  For stand hunting I would go with all layers: 185 top and bottom, 250 top and bottom, guide vest, spindrift jacket, guide jacket and both beanies and the gaiter.  That's what I plan on except for a woolpower 450 top instead of the spindrift as I didn't order one (ran out of $$$).  Check with Guru as he tested the gear in the late season in NY. I would shoot him a pm if he doesn't respond here.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
Glen's a good buddy of mine fellas, we spoke yesterday.

Thanx for the additional comments/help....more than one opinion is always best    :thumbsup:

My thoughts pretty much mirrored both Ryan and Vince.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.I can always add to my layers in the future as funds allow.I really like the Vias pattern.I have always worn my camo pants over jeans or sweats but I think I would prefer less bulk.Decision time.........

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©