3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grip Reshaping?  (Read 247 times)

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Grip Reshaping?
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
Background, I am a bit of a Bear TD Nut. When the new Bear TD's with Red Stripes were introduced I had to have one. So I ordered and waited and waited. Finally received it a few weeks ago and I just am not that happy with the grip. It is a little fat and chunky for my liking. So I would be interesed in getting the grip thinned down a bit and having the shelf lowered a bit. Not a ton of work but something I am not comfortable doing. I have another riser that I would like to model the grip after.

So I guess what I am asking are any of the sponsors or bowyers on here interested in taking on the project and helping me out?

Here is the handle I would like reshaped.

THANKS.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grip Reshaping?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
You could go to the "collectors" threads and look up "Bowdoc" or "Droptine" Both men refinish Bear bows and offer the services you asked for. There might be others that do this work but these guys are known.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
You could also check with Whip at the bow hospital!He may be able to help you also!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
Thanks Guys.

BD and Rich are both not taking on work at this time.

I will check with Whip!

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
A drill press and sanding cylinders can get you in business.  Shaping the grip is pretty straight forward especially when you take it slow.  Lowering the shelf or adding a radius for better clearance is a bit more involved.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
I like fat and chunky, no compass or quiver inserts on the new ones?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
Its easy enough work to do, but a tough order to fill when the owner isnt standing there with you. How much is a little here and a little there? My hands are big ol' mits and often times I build a grip I think is just perfect and let a buddy feel it and they think its to "fat".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©