3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I dissapointed my daughter.....  (Read 2531 times)

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I dissapointed my daughter.....
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
Just wanted to update the status here.  Received 2 packages yesterday!!
One stave from John, whos wife shares the same name as mine- kinda neat... thanks John, I will be reading many of the build alongs to make this one work!!!
The other package was from Loyd, a neat little skin backed bow and some great arrows!!!  Loyd, you made my daughter one happy and humble kid.  My wife could not believe the kindness and generosity of MY trad gang FAMILY.  She told my daughter to start penning a thank you letter, and true to form Emily stated "already working on it, but homework has to be finished first, I will have it done and ready to mail Monday".  Not trying to boast, but just a bit of background, all 3 kids are all "A" students, but Emily has a bit of spunk to go with her brain.  She was reading and comprehending 8th grade reading material in 2nd grade.  When I asked the teacher if she could have done some reading comprehesion with higher levels, she told me she didn't want to go to the high school for the material, and was sure that Emily could have went higher.  She is a great kid, and spends numerous hours reading and drawing, and always has a quick witted tongue.  Really looking forward to shooting, and posting some pics.  The bow is a touch heavy for her right now, but by summer she will be at full draw.
Once again, a huge THANKS to John and Loyd, I too am humbled.....and Loyd, the #1 Emily was a great touch....
Dave
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Dave,

My oldest daughter's name is Emily.  She turned 11 in December. She is smart but "spirited" as we like to say.

I have 3 kids, all straight A students.

My wife's name is Kristin.

I could have written your last post  :)

Your very welcome BTW.  Just pay it forward  :)

John

p.s. There is another John Scifres in Indiana.  He went to Purdue.  I went to Indiana U., bitter rivals  :)   His wife is named Kristin.  We are the same age.  We have never met and as far as I know, we are not directly related.  As much as we like to think that we are individuals, we are all the same.  Thank God!
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline loyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
i have a great grandaughter emly, spirited, you bet, must be in the name. loyd

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
ONLY ON TRADGANG!!!!  You Cant and Wont Find a Greater  Family   ANYWHERE!!
     BLESS ALL THAT WERE SO GENEROUS!!!
 God Bless Emily Too! She sounds like a Fine and Caring Little Girl!!   :archer:    :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Dave , really cool, can't wait to see some pics of her shooting.
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©