3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All a matter of perspective  (Read 295 times)

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
All a matter of perspective
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
I went to shoot a few arrows in my backyard range just now and realized that these two bows were all I have to chose from conveniently. I was a bit disappointed until I remembered that little more than two years ago I owned exactly one traditional bow and a compound that I could not find.

Anyone that feels sorry for me please send me your surplus 1960 Kodiaks, either rh or lh would be fine.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: All a matter of perspective
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
HA!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline shoothathang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
I'd like to help you out,but since you have twice as many bows than I do,I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for you:)

Offline rdoggsilva

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:04:00 AM »
I would but all I have is 2 Pearson bows, 1 Astro and a Ply-flex bow. Sorry I can not help you out.

Offline Buckskin57

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:00 AM »
Nice Try Dave,it never hurts to ask.
JEREMIAH 16:16 / BEAR SUPER KODIAK /GRAYLING GREEN.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
I only have two bows also. BTW, in the photo, what bow is the one with the dark colored riser with vertical red accent stripe?
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
Ask and ye shall be denied!  :D

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
:laughing:  .....  :laughing:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Night Wing:
I only have two bows also. BTW, in the photo, what bow is the one with the dark colored riser with vertical red accent stripe?
Kinda forgot about posting this.

That bow is made by a fellow named Jon Gharing from Pennsylvania. Macassar ebony riser, not sure what the accent is, and gorgeous bamboo limbs. Do not get too excited about having one just now cause Jon is not making any bows, other than self bows for his own use, at this time.

You might be particularly interested to know that this bow was, as for us, originally made for a shooter with a 30 inch draw length.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »
Dave !
I'm sure you didn't have that bow with you at Red Deer. And I am sure if you send it to me with my imagination I could draw it to the 30 inches. Nice bow and LH too! Ken
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
I had the Gharing and actually shot it on Saturday first round, but just bought the Kodiak since Red Deer.

As part of my program to not shoot as well as I could I shot the second round with my ACS CX right handed and then both of my rh 60 Kodiaks for the third round on Sunday.  

There are some really good pics of my shooting the Kodiaks on Sunday on the bowzone website. Lorne McBeth and I kinda ended up being the only trad shooters with pics. The pics showed me that I was dropping my draw hand at release rather than breaking straight back through, a good lesson if one is having issues with consistent release.

Btw I always warn people who draw a bow past their ear that all is well and good until the string catches your ear on the way past.   :help:  

DDave

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 02:49:00 AM »
So far I have received neither sympathy nor 1960 Kodiaks.

Is that an indication that I should not feel sorry for myself?

DDave

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:00 AM »
I will do my best to find and get you one or two as soon as I can , cant stand to see a man in this much pain.It aint right we need to come together as one and help this man out in his time of need. I know the trad brotherhood will do the right thing in this case. P.S. Im in need of some 1971 bears myself.
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Yolla Bolly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
Since all my bows are right handed, they would not do you any good.  Think I will keep 'em.
"Son, yeh gotta learn the Tehama 3-step."   Homer Whitten.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
Dave, We need to consider you a very lucky man to have two Bows, even though they shoot from the wrong side ( Ha ). Some very unlucky people go through their whole life with NONE, We need to feel for those poor lost souls and pray for them. I am poor at 9 bows, but am a work in process.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
This is cetainly an outrageous case of 'Social Injustice'. However, I'm not sure if the solution is for you to give up one of yours to someone with less, or someone with more to give you one, or more?

Anyway, while I ponder the issue, I will say that those are two sweet bows! And if anyone has an excess of Big Jim or Pronghorn bows that are weighing heavy on their conscious I will PM my address and be happy to help relieve your feelings of guilt.    :bigsmyl:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Now that Sam, is the kind of spirit I was expecting. You know I still need a 1962 bow of any description and of course any extra 60 Kodiaks, and maybe a nice Special Deluxe.

I could care less whether the bows are right or left handed. I am on a bit of a lefty only kick right now, bot those of you who know me understand that it makes no difference to me which way I shoot.

DDave

Offline OP-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Oscar, hotel; whiskey, echo, lima, lima; november,india, charlie, echo; tango, romeo, yankee; alpha, november, yankee, whiskey, alpha, whiskey.
IMO SGT. Bradley S. Crose,
USA, 1/75  
Lest we Forget.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Cry me a river, only have two to choose from.
Check out the classifieds, there are lots of folks there to help you out.
I know how you feel, but, I have a deal working if it comes to pass, I will have to sing the same song.
Good luck.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©